We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naxos or Mykonos?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 3
Naxos or Mykonos?

Hi there,

I am choosing between visiting Naxos or Mykonos and was hoping people could weigh in with their personal preferences, opinions, descriptions, thoughts, etc. I will be visiting during the third week of April, and am not particularly interested in anything super touristy. Just want beautiful beaches and interesting town/cultural life. I understand I could probably visit both but don't want to have too crammed of a vacation, as I am also planning on a day or two in Athens, and a few days in Santorini.

THANK YOU!

Marin

New York City
reviews: 6
1. Re: Naxos or Mykonos?

I love Mykonos, so I am a bit biased I guess. But I do like Naxos as well. Not sure if you will be able to truly enjoy the beaches in late April though. The weather is still really iffy and the water will be quite chilly. To compare the 2 islands, I would say Mykonos is definitely the more cosmopolitan and Naxos is quaint and has more evidence of true cycladic/Greek culture. Mykonos also has a better standard of hotels and restuarants, (if you are looking for a more upscale experience). Decisions...decisions.....:)

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Naxos or Mykonos?

Basically just delete Mykonos and Santorini both are classical tourist traps, so Naxos is a better choice or maybe spending all your time on Crete would be even better, plenty of sights/sites to see and beaches for days it's warm enough.