We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Chora

Which Kimolos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
reviews: 8
Accommodation in Chora

On a very wet and windy Saturday afternoon, rather than going out I am dreaming up a plan for my holiday in the Cyclades. I have been many times to the Cyclades and visited a lot of small islands, but I've never been to Kimolos (or Milos).

I am planning on flying to Athens on 24th August (arriving 12:25) and then going by Speedrunner to Milos arriving at 21:45. There don't seem to be any flights to Milos late enough in the day. I presume I won't be able to get to Kimolos that evening, so I'll be looking for a room for one night. I presume it won't be a good idea to just turn up without a booking at that time of year. Has anyone any suggestions of where to stay that is cheap?

Similarly has anyone any suggestions of where to stay in Kimolos Chora that has basic cheap rooms? The ones I've found on the web look expensive, but there are usually basic places that are cheaper and not on the web, if you know how to contact them.

I'm thinking about leaving Kimolos on an overnight boat from Milos to Anafi on 30th August.

GreecemadUK

10 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
1. Re: Accommodation in Chora

Topping

Ljubljana
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
reviews: 112
2. Re: Accommodation in Chora

There are several (at least 10 a day) ferries connection Pollonia and Kimolos. There are no buses from Adamas to Pollonia after 7 PM. You can take a taxi: there are plenty to choose from (they are parked near the periptero just a few metres away from the port) and they are reasonably priced (last year we paid about 10 EUR for approx. 10 kms).

In Pollonia you can find several reasonably priced rooms. The village is lovely and you can get from any part of the village to the port in less than 10 minutes.

The ferry from Pollonia to Kimolos costs about 2 EUR. It will take you to Kimolos' port Psathy. The village has a surprisingly good bus system. You should probably stay in Psathy or Chorio but there are several other possibilities. It is also possible to stay near Prassa or at some of the beaches in the western part of the island (facing Milos). We stayed at Sofia's and absolutely loved the place. The priced was very reasonable: we paid 60 EUR/night for a huge apartment with one bedroom, a large and well equiped kitchen, a very large balcony and 2 A/C. Also, the owner Aspasia is one of the warmest and kindest people I have ever met. Each day she surprised us with different gifts: from home made biscuits, tsipuro, Greek coffee ... I am sure you can find cheaper and simpler accommodation if you want to. We tried to count tourists: we were not able to reach 30, only 6 non-Greek.

You will love the place. We hiked all the time and on most days we had large parts of the island just for ourselves. Also, do not miss the boat trip to Polyaighos.

Edited: 5:16 pm, January 21, 2011
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
3. Re: Accommodation in Chora

Topping

Milano
reviews: 294
4. Re: Accommodation in Chora

I've been in Kimolos two times on a day trip from Milos. I would go back once.

Milos really worth a visit especially at the end of the season.

Have you already been to Anafi? I'll be there on Sep 3rd fro the second time this year (I was there last week).

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
5. Re: Accommodation in Chora

Yes, I will be on Anafi on 3rd Sept. i leave on the 4th.

6. Re: Accommodation in Chora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, March 07, 2012

Kendal, United...
reviews: 30
7. Re: Accommodation in Chora

Hi there, just wondering if you found some nice cheap accomodation when you visited KImolos Chora. we are planning to visit for 2 days in June and like you have so far only found expensive places that are bookable online. we are really hoping that we can turn up and just find a room, but are a bit concerned as we will be arriving on an evening ferry.

Edited: 1:24 pm, March 19, 2014
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
8. Re: Accommodation in Chora

There are rooms in the port and up the road to Chora and more in Chora. some in Aliki. It's small so locating a room won't be hard, no one met ferries when I went. Little, if any English understood.

This place was empty in June but it was a long while back, looks standard pricing.

http://www.alikistudios.com/

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
9. Re: Accommodation in Chora

On Kimolos I stayed in the rooms of Katerina Rambias. There looks to be a website now, but it's only in Greek:

www.4ty.gr/utf_index.php?p=merchant&cid=35968

I can't remember how much it was but it was cheap. I didn't think it was particularly great, though. I didn't eat breakfast there. There might have been facilities to make coffee, but there wasn't a decent place to sit outside. There are 2 rooms and I had the room downstairs. The room upstairs has a balcony and is probably better. I suspect most of the pictures on the site are of the upstairs room.

If I were going again, I would try this place, which is the only other place listed in Chora with B class rooms:

www.gokimolos.gr/go/bochoris/index-en.html

I think I tried to call them before I booked at Rambias, but couldn't get a reply. There is a bar downstairs that it is the only place in Chora that I found to have breakfast. They have rooms upstairs and it looks OK from the outside.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
10. Re: Accommodation in Chora

The link for Rambias in the above post doesn't work. Use the link below, find Nikolaos Rambias and click on the link to the website.

kimolos.gr/en/…hotels-studios-rooms

Edited: 4:35 pm, March 19, 2014
Reply to: Accommodation in Chora
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kimolos