We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will ferries to Amorgos be disrupted by 28-29th June Strike?

Which Amorgos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 8
Will ferries to Amorgos be disrupted by 28-29th June Strike?

Hi,

I'm planning on travelling from Santorini to Amorgos next wednesday (29th of June). Does anybody know whether this service will be affected by the 48-hour strikes that are starting on June 28th?

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Will ferries to Amorgos be disrupted by 28-29th June Strike?

As that is the 'Superjet' which originates in Piraeus. Then change to the 'Aeolos Kenteris II' from Santorini 08:15 to Naxos 12:30 and then the 'Exp. Skopelitis' 14:00 to Amorgos.

Both are more locally based ferries so most likely won't be affected by potential strikes.

Essex
2. Re: Will ferries to Amorgos be disrupted by 28-29th June Strike?

Ferries that originate from Athens are usually cancelled when strikes occur (although some evening services are instead delayed until about midnight), so the Superjet will probably not be running. Most inter-island ferries that do not serve Athens usually run as normal, so it will probably be possible to get from Santorini to Amorgos that day by taking the Aeolos Kenteris II to Naxos (8.15-12.30) and then the Express Skopelitis from Naxos to Amorgos (14.00-19.20). Both of the ferries take indirect routes and are much slower than the Superjet.

London, United...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Will ferries to Amorgos be disrupted by 28-29th June Strike?

Thank you very much for your help. I'm only in the country for 10 days, so may just go somewhere that takes less time and is still accesible during the strike.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Will ferries to Amorgos be disrupted by 28-29th June Strike?

Do NOT give up, that is silly. It really is not that significant this strikes stuff at all.

There is the alternative mentioned, whilst you can never be 100% sure, the chances are excellent that you can get where you want to go.

I have experienced these before and there was no disruption to the ferry involved and on the other occasion there was no ferry from the island on strike day, I never knew until a week later.

5. Re: Will ferries to Amorgos be disrupted by 28-29th June Strike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Amorgos