We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 5
Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Hi I am due to travel to Crete for the first time in July. We are staying at Aquila Porto Rethmyno. Can anyone tell me what this hotel/area is like and what attractions/trips are worth seeing. Thank you.

9 replies to this topic
Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
1. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Hi

Porto Rethymno is 10 min on foot to the old town of Rethymnon, which is a large attraction by itself. You can see various buildings from different times, the Rimondi fountain, the old Venetian harbour, mosques, 2 museums in town, and another one in the village Chromonastiri, close to Rethymnon. and of course the Fortezza castle, which was built by Venetians.

You can also take the red bus in Agnostos square to explore interesting places close to town.: rethymnocitytour.gr/index.php/routes-and-bus…

Then you can go to swim at the beach that is just across the street of you hotel. :o)

Edited: 6:26 pm, June 05, 2014
London, United...
reviews: 28
2. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

If you book a seaview room it's great! Strongly recommend upgrading your room so you get access to their ala carte restaurant if you have half board, amazing food!

Whitley Bay, United...
3. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Re Patrikbzz's answer - totally agree. Seaview rooms are great and the food is to die for - both quality and quantity (at least in Sept 2013)

London, United...
4. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Thank you for your help. Will see if we can upgrade to a seaview room. We have booked All Inclusive but not sure the a la carte comes into the AI package

London, United...
5. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Also have one other question does anyone have any idea of the approximate transfer time from Heraklion Airport to Rethmynon? We booked with Thomson and they only indicate the transfer time from Chania Airport on their website.

UK
reviews: 33
6. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Hi Lynsey , we are considering booking the Porto Rethymno and approximate transfer from Heraklion is quoted at 90 mins by Thomson.

S

UK
reviews: 33
7. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Oops , may be not Thomson...I have looked at so many brochures!

S

wales
reviews: 27
8. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Hi Lynsey R

Go to page two of this forum and the same question was asked beginning of June. I hadn't realised the transfer time so may be getting a taxi back to the airport as dislike the long transfer to airport and then the mad rush of people getting luggage off the coach!!

S S W

London, United...
9. Re: Aquila Porto Rethmyno

Thank you.

Reply to: Aquila Porto Rethmyno
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted