We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samaria gorge from Rethymnon?

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
reviews: 3
Samaria gorge from Rethymnon?

I am planning on going to Crete in May and am undecided whether to go to Chania or Rethymnon. One of the reasons for our trip is to visit the Samaria gorge. I have found a lovely hotel in Rethymnon and it looks like a lovely city to visit with lots of things to see but I'm worried it will be too difficult to get to the gorge from there. Any advice please?

14 replies to this topic
Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 5
11. Re: Samaria gorge from Rethymnon?

Thanx for the trust Alabastron! :o)

12. Re: Samaria gorge from Rethymnon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, February 04, 2014

Cork Ireland
reviews: 4
13. Re: Samaria gorge from Rethymnon?

We were in Rethymnon last year and did the gorge. It wasn't too much hassle to be fair just up a little earlier. We went with the local tour shop , I think Klados travel they were called. They had €32 on the boards outside but if their quiet and need to fill busses they will drop. We paid €25. Take into account this does not include entry to the gorge or the boat trip on the other side.

We're going back in June this year and plan on doing it again. Loved it.

Surbiton
reviews: 51
14. Re: Samaria gorge from Rethymnon?

There's a small travel shop opposite the Loggia, it may be called Platanos. Up till last year, if you were looking at the boards outside, an elderly man (I hope that's not disrespectful) came out, and promised 14% off. And you got it - he had a calculator, and he showed you the total price, then took off 14%. It also had about the best £ to € rates - again, he showed you the workings on the calculator.

Last year, it was a charming young lady who came out, and she didn't mention any discount. However, when I asked her about it, I received 14% off the trips I booked. So it's worth asking - there's a lot more competition now.

I also heard that if you went to Klados's main office, along the front, you could get a discount there.

Reply to: Samaria gorge from Rethymnon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted