We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sat Nav on Crete?

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire...
reviews: 32
Sat Nav on Crete?

Hello TP advisers. Thanks in advance for your help.

Having been to a few places in Greece, we actually love the inaccuracies, entertainment and excitement by following the map provided by the car hire company!

However, on arrival it's nice to find the accommodation easily when still getting used to the hire car, remembering which side of the road etc. We've been to Crete before and know the roads on the whole are very good, but having recently bought a Garmin sat nav with Europe maps, what do you think my chances are of finding our holiday let in Roussospiti in the Rethymnon area from Heraklion airport on arrival?

Shall I leave it at home, or will it help do you think?

Thanks again

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 10
21. Re: Sat Nav on Crete?

Thanks fiznlil. I think you inspired us. :0)

Have a wonderful time in Crete!

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 5
22. Re: Sat Nav on Crete?

Worry not Alabastron!

You already speak Greek, you just don't know it. Over 40.000 words of English vocabulary are Greek, and that is a Guiness record. http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/ttz/

By missing the interaction with the locals you miss have the charm of the island. But I know from my sister, a teacher too who want's to have her "silent moments"

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 5
23. Re: Sat Nav on Crete?

Thanks fiznlil

Have the best time ever!

24. Re: Sat Nav on Crete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 27, 2014