We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 11
Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

Hi there,

our flight is arriving in about 20.30 and I don't think we will have enough time to get to the bus station for the last bus.

Does anyone have prices or names/numbers for airport transfers ? Would be looking for something reasonable if possible.

Thanks for your help!

15 replies to this topic
Weesp, The...
reviews: 69
1. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

taxi will cost around 95,00 euro, you can PM me and I will send the taxi

Ireland
reviews: 11
2. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

Ok thank you. It seems the general cost which is a a bit high.

I remember taking a similar taxi ride in Portugal (Faro - Portimao) and it was only E50 ish.

Brussels
reviews: 6
3. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

The last bus for Rethymno leaves at 10:00pm (arriving around 11:30pm). You will have plenty of time to catch it and not waste €100 on a taxi. Once you arrive at the airport take a taxi to the bus terminal. This will cost about €8-9, and the bus ticket to Rethymno about €7.50.

Brussels
reviews: 6
4. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

I've discovered that the 10:00pm bus to Rethymno has been discontinued. The final bus now leaves at 9:00pm. Apparently they cut the 10:00pm bus because it no longer coordinated with the arrival of a ferry boat.

You can still catch the 9:00pm bus through (assuming that your flight arrives on time). Have the taxi at the airport drop you off at one of the stops at the western end of the city, so as to catch the Rethymo bus on its way out of town (it will probably pass here about 9:15 pm). Just tell the driver what bus you want to catch, and he will know exactly where to take you. The ride will be no more than 10 min.

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

My son needs a taxi from Camp Elisabeth in Rethymnon to Heraklion Airport. His flight leaves October 1st, 6am, where he flies to Athens to catch an international flight home. what is your rate? He willl need to be picked up in the early hours, around 2:30am. or do you know of a taxi service he can look up himself?

Devizes, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 310
6. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

Hi anna

Might I suggest that your son makes his way to Iraklion the previous day and spends the night close to the airport? It'll still be an early start for him but at least he won't need to get up at 2am or earlier.

Oxford, United...
reviews: 28
7. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

It seems that the best option might be a private transfer. My son and friends used this in late August and back again 2 weeks later. They were very efficient and good value if booked beforehand. Hope it helps

www.airporttransfers.co.uk/Heraklion/HER/

8. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:32 pm, September 23, 2012
Edited: 7:32 pm, September 23, 2012

London, United...
reviews: 8
9. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

Deer-assassin

I'm not sure I'd take UccleReviewer's advice. Unless everything works in your favour - flight dead on time, first off the plane, no checked-in bags to wait for, whizzing through passport control, taxi immediately available - you might find yourself at the side of the road in the middle of the night having missed the bus.

I wouldn't do it. I'd stay in a hotel in Heraklion for the night - it will be cheaper than a taxi - and spend the next morning looking around this interesting city, and/or visit Knossos, perhaps, and make your way to Rethymnon that afternoon.

I usually recommend the Irini. It's nothing special, but it's cheap and clean and comfortable, close to the bus station, and perfectly adequate for a short stay.

www.irini-hotel.gr/

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 1
10. Re: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon

Thank you for your advice! I do agree that is the best way to go. I don't know why I didn't come up with that idea myself. I totally makes sense...I will set it up for him. Thanks again!

Reply to: Taxi from Heraklion Airport to Rethymnon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted