We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heraklion hotel and bus service

Which Heraklion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Comox, Canada
Heraklion hotel and bus service

Am landing in Heraklion on September 25 too late to get to Plakias. Can anybody recommend a hotel in Heraklion at a decent price that is also close to the bus depot (guessing to Rethymon and then Plakias).

oxford
reviews: 23
1. Re: Heraklion hotel and bus service

can't help with a hotel but yes you will need to get to Rethymnon first

Bus timetables below, the 1st and 6th will be of interest to you

www.bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetable.php

Lovely place plakias

London, United...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Heraklion hotel and bus service

Yes: try the Irini. It's 5 minutes walk from the bus station, clean, decent, and adequate for a short stay, and reasonably priced.

http://www.irini-hotel.gr/

North Yorkshire...
reviews: 61
3. Re: Heraklion hotel and bus service

A little more expensive than the Irini is the Marin Dream which is recommended. Both are within easy reach of the bus station (it is a short downhill walk). Both are readily available through the various internet agencies and with some of them you don't pay up front and have the chance to cancel without a fee should your plans change (subject to conditions of course).

Wherever you end up staying I would recommend a taxi from the airport. Shouldn't cost more than 15 euros and much easier then messing about with the bus at that time fo night.

PS I tried to answer your other query re the Palkias/Preveli boats - no pricing info though I'm afraid.

4. Re: Heraklion hotel and bus service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 20, 2014