We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Which Heraklion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 1
Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Hello Can anyone tell me what the airport lounge is like at

Heraklion airport online you can book for £40 for two

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 10
1. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Anything to escape from the frenzy of the departure lounge.

Edited: 5:55 pm, January 23, 2012
Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
2. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Hi there

Well, I've never used it as we've always managed to find a couple of seats in the main departure area. Forty quid for two chairs seems a bit OTT to me, are you sure that Iraklion airport isn't owned by Michael O'Leary? :0)

Kirkwall
reviews: 3
3. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Didn't even know it existed - when in Greece!!

Kirkwall
reviews: 3
4. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Sorry, that sounded a bit snippy,

I really didn't realise there was a lounge that you could book but, as GB says we have never had a problem. I wouldn't pay £40 - save it for the excess baggage, got caught last year with my purchases from the glass factory in Kokkino Horio!!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
5. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

I've never seen it either.

Having said that, the problem at Heraklion is all land side - once you get through, there is now a surprising amount of room to sit.

Now, if you could get an immediate check-in, that might be worth paying for ;-)...

somerset
6. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

I too didn't know that a separate lounge that you could pay for existed at Heraklion airport. I suppose that's because I've never looked for it.

I don't think it is worth £40 anyway. Although Heraklion airport is not the best and never will be, it has slightly improved in the last couple of years. And, as has already been mentioned, I've always been able to find a seat in the departure lounge. The shop upstairs is an improvement as well - I've seen better elsewhere but at least it is better than it used to be.

Whilst I wouldn't pay £40 and don't believe it is worth it, the OP may think it is and good luck to them.

Edited: 4:21 pm, January 24, 2012
Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 134
7. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Hi there

Agree with npj60, the airport has improved over the last couple of years. As has already been said the worst bit of the airport is the checking in and then passport control, once through here the lounge isnt bad at all, and after the chaos at Kos airport departure lounge last September, Herkalion is "almost" a pleasure !!!

Sorry garysam I havent answered your question either.

Manchester
reviews: 12
8. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Whilst it is a pain to queue to check in and then queue to get your cases scanned etc we have found that once that is done, there is plenty of room on the right hand side of the airport (as you are facing the check in desks) and the prices of things are not too bad.

Once through to the departure side it is now much better now non smoking although the prices are dreadful.

dorset
reviews: 7
9. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

I have never seen a lounge at Heraklion airport. Perhaps it is new this year.

As TheBoy says, there is usually plenty of space at the east end of the land side.

There are No Smoking signs on the land side and the air side. Land side smokers go outside, and air side smokers use the area between the top of the stairs and the duty free shop.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
10. Re: Airport lounge at Heraklion airport

Ahh, yes, the "food" at Iraklion airport, €5 for a cheese pie that must have been three years past it's sell by date......dribble....:0)