We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akti Olous

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 4
Akti Olous

Booked tonight for next May!! any tips ? have always gone to Pefkos in Rhodes In May hope I have made the right choice. Only got a week any trips etc we should go on? have previously been to Stalis is there a comparison, hoping Elounda is a bit more traditional?? help having a panic

38 replies to this topic
Whitley, United...
reviews: 130
31. Re: Akti Olous

I know exactly what you mean.

Its the unknown of how long the transfer takes and how many stops.

We always use taxis now but that's our preference, our flights normally arrive around 9.30pm and we just want to get to our apartment asap and have our first holiday drink.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 123
32. Re: Akti Olous

Hi again

Why not think about hiring a car? cost wise you are looking around 20/25 euros per day - its not going to much difference cost wise, and means you will be able to discover more of this area of Crete :-) The drive really isn't difficult, I'm not good at driving anywhere lol and I don't mind the drive from the airport to Agios..may be worth thinking about

Liverpool
reviews: 51
33. Re: Akti Olous

We always ask the rep how many drop offs they are making and then decide whether to stick with the coach transfer or pay for a taxi.

Quite often, particularly at peak times, they go straight to Elounda and just drop off there, but best to make sure, then sit back and enjoy looking at the views as you make your way there.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 4
34. Re: Akti Olous

Thanks for your reply, we don't land until 20.40, if it's straight to Elounda with just a few drops it won't be too bad, fingers crossed want to get there asap!!

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 42
35. Re: Akti Olous

I have also been to stalis Elounda is beautiful and much more traditional you will love it I'm sure

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 123
36. Re: Akti Olous

Hi Karen

The main difference is that Stalis is a purpose built resort with no real "centre" whereas Elounda is a village with a church and village centre, and a proper harbour too ....and a lot prettier.....although I do think that Stalis has a better beach, if a lot more crowded than Elounda beaches ....... so yes Elounda does have much more of a Greek feel, although obviously still lots of tourists as well.

37. Re: Akti Olous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, February 25, 2014

38. Re: Akti Olous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, February 25, 2014

Reply to: Akti Olous
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Elounda