We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akti Olous

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 4
Akti Olous

Booked tonight for next May!! any tips ? have always gone to Pefkos in Rhodes In May hope I have made the right choice. Only got a week any trips etc we should go on? have previously been to Stalis is there a comparison, hoping Elounda is a bit more traditional?? help having a panic

Whitley, United...
reviews: 151
1. Re: Akti Olous

Hotel is very nice, great location, breakfast on the jetty is great,. Only downside for us is the rooftop pool, all one level at 6 foot.

Great restaurant next door, Melissos.

Best restaurant for us is the Olondi in the harbour.

Much nicer and more traditional than Stalis.

Lovely large beach in the town but we enjoyed a small beach out of the hotel , turn right and about 500 yards.

Leeds, United...
2. Re: Akti Olous

Thankyou put's my mind at rest

halifax
reviews: 77
3. Re: Akti Olous

You will love Elounda we stay at Hiona only a few 100 yards further along both are in beautiful locations overlooking and next to the sea lots of eateries and a lovely boat trip to Spinalonga and the Happy train trip up the mountain is great with fabulous views for pics and a stop for lunch

I'm sure you will be back after one visit

Will be our 3rd next year.

enjoy.

Sue

halifax
4. Re: Akti Olous

You will love Elounda we stay at Hiona only a few 100 yards further along both are in beautiful locations overlooking and next to the sea lots of eateries and a lovely boat trip to Spinalonga and the Happy train trip up the mountain is great with fabulous views for pics and a stop for lunch

I'm sure you will be back after one visit

Will be our 3rd next year.

enjoy.

Sue

halifax
5. Re: Akti Olous

Sorry about the double post keeps saying not sent.

Leeds, United...
6. Re: Akti Olous

Thankyou Sue, really looking forward to it, been checking photo's and restaurant reviews, majority are really positive. Roll on next May!!

Nottinghamshire...
reviews: 32
7. Re: Akti Olous

Hi, you have made a great choice, we will perhaps see you, as we are there again at end of May..

Have a great time ........ John.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 135
8. Re: Akti Olous

Hi there

I am sure that you will love this area of Crete and Elounda, I really like Rhodes as well but my favourite place to stay is in Lindos, was there in September..... the island of Crete is very different to Rhodes but just as beautiful :-)

OK are you intending to hire a car to get out and about? or do you just want to chill ? and what time in May are you visiting too..... can give you lots of recommendations for places to visit around this area - just let me know your interests :-)

Leeds, United...
9. Re: Akti Olous

Hi, thanks for your replies. Going school holiday week end of May, not hiring a car only got a week, wanting to chill but want to do happy train into the mountains, Spinalonga and wander around Elounda and SUNBATHE !!

Manchester
reviews: 9
10. Re: Akti Olous

Karen,

I am sure you will love the Akti Olous, we have been staying there for many years and it is a lovely hotel in a perfect setting.

A couple of restaurants to try:- Katafigo just along the road, Dimitris in the square (the best value for money and great food), Anemomolous which is just through the town going towards Plaka very good food.

You will find every where you go in Elounda you will get a big welcome I am sure you will want to return in the future as many people do.

Cheers.