We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elounda Village - room types?

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
suffolk
reviews: 4
Elounda Village - room types?

I was trying to book (or at least quote) using Thomson.co.uk for Elounda Village next year. I expected a choice of a few different types of room, since a lot of TA reviewers have stayed in different style rooms (sea view, garden view, junior suite, bungalow, superior double, etc).

Personally I really wanted a bungalow (because I value quietness and privacy), but the Thomson options are limited to just 2 room types instead.

(1) Double garden room with Private Bath , WC , Balcony

(2) Double room with garden view with Private Bath , WC , Balcony , Sea View

Do you know if there is another package operator I could try online for Elounda Village, where all the other available room types are selectable? Or any way I can do it with Thomsons? Or is it the case that you don't get to choose bungalows, but have them allocated to you if you're lucky?

Or has anyone here used option (2) above, and what was it like? It may do perfectly well!

(Sorry if this sounds dumb, I'm very inexperienced at this game!)

Thanks!

Owen

Newcastle
reviews: 2
11. Re: Elounda Village - room types?

Hi Owen

I still haven't booked my Elounda Village holiday either.

Thomson are definitely cheaper than Olympic. Often Olympic are given the older rooms in hotels and are terrible at changing flight times several times a year.

I would suggest going into a Thomson shop to book the holiday. They will match the online price and you can make sure the extras are sorted when you book.

I am going to use the travel agents, something which we never do anymore, because the website is so confusing. Living in Newcastle, I had originally looked a from Newcastle airport.

But today I have looked at Manchester and Doncaster airports to see if the flight times were better. When I did this I found that the room options are different for each airport!

Newcastle has 4 options, including a garden room. Manchester only seems to have standard rooms on some departure days. Doncaster has garden rooms as standard.

So its done to the travel agent for me!

Scarlet

suffolk
12. Re: Elounda Village - room types?

Scarlett - thanks so much, you're a genius! Based on your post, I tried playing with different flight times and airports, and indeed, as you said, the room choices are different depending on what you select... I also tried varying the departure date by 1 or 2 days and got different room options that way, too. This is fantastic. I can get the exact type of room I want, if I just go a couple of days later than planned, and/or from a different airport. THANK YOU SCARLETT!!! As for visiting Thomsons branch, I may do that, although I'd be amazed if they matched the online price as you suggest. (How can you get an "online discount" if you don't book online!?).

suffolk
13. Re: Elounda Village - room types?

BTW - Sorry I spelt your name wrong Scarlet ;o)

Leicester, United...
reviews: 29
14. Re: Elounda Village - room types?

Owen -if they need the business they will match - they can reduce their profit margin a little but get the shop turnover up....good luck- always always try this... in y2000 for our first family trip to the u.s. - I had 3 local (big name) travel shops quoting for exactly the same holiday.. they knew what I was doing and each offered to reduce it to beat the "other" shop.. in the end I decided which one to go to but it was £2100 roughly (less than the other 2)- told them I didnt want to pay more than 2k so I got it for £1999... deal eh...book price was something like £2600.. this taught me what ever the holiay was to always try and better it....

I wish you all the best with your negotiation!

Newcastle
reviews: 2
15. Re: Elounda Village - room types?

Hi Owen

I am really glad you have found what you are looking for.

The thomson shop looked on the website when I spoke to them and said they would price match. Guess they need the business.

I just need to decide which airport to travel from, and will then book.

Hope you have a great honeymoon.

Scarlet

16. Re: Elounda Village - room types?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Elounda