We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ships docking;which days of the week?

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
reviews: 19
Cruise Ships docking;which days of the week?

Good day. I am curious as to which days of the week Cruise Ships dock in mid-September? Is it set days, or flexible?

We'll be renting a small place outside of Chania, and just figure we can do our "day tripping"to different towns/villages on cruise ship days, then enjoy strolling around Chania Town when it is less crowded!!!

Any input would be appreciated.

Just 2 more weeks till our trip!!!

Bondgirl

Chania Town, Greece
reviews: 28
1. Re: Cruise Ships docking;which days of the week?

It's usually Fridays, but I don't think you'll see too much difference. In early September, there are plenty of other tourists around & the cruise ships offer day trips to many places, not just Chania. For instance, they send coaches to the tiny villages of Gavalohori, Vamos etc.

If you really want to avoid them, you could go right up into the mountains, or stay on the beach!

Enjoy Hania.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 100
2. Re: Cruise Ships docking;which days of the week?

I agree with JWugg. Chania is not Santorini, where most visitors arrive on ships. I have never noticed any difference, the port and surrounding streets of Chania are always crowded in season.

3. Re: Cruise Ships docking;which days of the week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 22, 2014