We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from Milos to Crete?

Which Chania Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shawnee, Ok
reviews: 15
ferry from Milos to Crete?

We need to ferry from Milos to Crete on May 30th. We were told there was a night ferry on Friday, but have not been able to find it online. Does anyone know if there is and where to book it?

Philadelphia
1. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

WHat ferry website are you using?? I just this minute went to gtp.gr and found it instantly. Here is what you do...

Fill in the slot for ORIGIN PORT with "Milos". Fill in the slot for "DESTINATION" with Crete. leave the year at 2008. Leave the month & Date as "any.' Hit SEARCH. 10 sailings come up ... all of them the Car ferry from LANE shipping lines. #2 listing is yours... it runs from May 30 (your date) through September. The ship is the Vinzentzos Kornaros. it leavesat 23:30 (11;30 pm) arrives 7:15 pm. Not a bad schedule! it goes to Heraklion.

When you hit "further infomration and reservations" you will see a line in red saying: this schedule is not yet available for booking... please keep checking until you see this message no more.

Don't panick -- that's just standard when something has not yet been rubber-stamped. Just keep checking day after day, and it will show up.

NOTE: gtp.gr gives MORE information than any other web site, you just have to be patient and learn how totowrk it,... they show more routes before official approval than others do --- and when you leave the date on "any" you see all your otther options.

PS: in May u will be able to book a cabin even just a few days ahead... IF you will be in GReece even jst a wekk ahead u can get space don't fret.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

That is the Lane line ferry, turns up about 24:00 on Milos.

I would not book online, totally unecessary, just buy your tickets on Milos. The ferry agents right on the quay have the details they will also know exactly timings and which ports on Crete it stops at, always Sitia, sometimes Iraklion or Ag. Nikolaos as well. Few tourists use that service so highly unlikely to be full.

Philadelphia
3. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

Oops, mistake on the timing in my post, it departs 11:30 PM arrives 7:15 AM -- under 8 hours, not 715 pm!!

Shawnee, Ok
4. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

I can't thank you enough! I was trying to see if we could get a flight to Athens and then one from Athens to Crete. I was in a panic!!! Now I can relax and move on to more important things like what we want to see and where to stay in Crete.

Thanks again!

MJ

Philadelphia
5. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

I'm just curious MJ --- what ferry website were you using, that did not list this sailing?? Please tell us. We so often see panicked messages from people who say they can't find sailings online -- I would like to warn people off from uninformed sites, or un-updated sites. THanks!

Shawnee, Ok
6. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

I was using Paleologos SA and Riva travel. Neither showed anything from Milos to Crete. I even called Greece to that Riva travel and they told me to call back in a week or so, they didn't know if there was a ferry yet.

So again, thank you all very much!

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
7. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

You can't 'warn' people off uninformed/non updated websites, simply because they are ALL inaccurate to some degree, which is one reason I for one keep banging on about using local Travel Agents in the islands for the latest information and buying ferry tickets, whilst actually being on any Island.

8. Re: ferry from Milos to Crete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 27, 2009