We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice?

Which Agios Nikolaos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, UK
reviews: 85
Hotel choice?

In a previous question I was recommended to stay at the Lato Hotel when I visit in August for a week. This looked great, however the more reviews I read, the more concerned I am about the traffic noise as I am a very light sleeper! I am now travelling with a friend (I previously was coming alone) so cost can be slightly higher than I previously thought. Any suggestions? Our requirements are: a pool, a balcony (preferrably with seaview) and walkable distance to the centre. Any ideas?

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
reviews: 135
1. Re: Hotel choice?

Hi there

Having stayed in the Lato, I really dont think that there will be a problem with the noise from the road (and I stayed in the rooms at the front of the hotel) - if you did want to stay there, and are still worried about the road noise then why not ask for a room at the back of the hotel, which looks out over olive groves.

If you want to look at another hotel in this area, that is slighter near to the town then have a look at the Minos Beach hotel - its a total different type of hotel and much more expensive, but again in a beautiful location.

If you dont like the look of this hotel then happy to give you some other suggestions.

Bristol, UK
2. Re: Hotel choice?

I love the look of the Lato, I was just concerned with how many people mentioned that the road was noisy all night. I will also look at the Minos Beach hotel, any other recommendations would be great. Thank you.

Bristol, UK
3. Re: Hotel choice?

OK, Minos Beach looks lovely but at around £2,000+ for a week - we cannot stay there! Somewhere closer to the Lato's £300 mark would be great!

Surrey
Destination Expert
4. Re: Hotel choice?

Hi there

Yes it is a bit expensive :-)

Ok why not have a look the Mirabella apartments a bit further out of town than the Lato, but again still on the same road that runs from Agios towards Elounda, but it is a bit further back off the road...

http://www.mirabella.gr/

Let me know what you think of these apartments :-)

UK
reviews: 107
5. Re: Hotel choice?

We really enjoyed our week's stay at the Hotel Hermes last August. The room was comfortable and quiet, the staff friendly and helpful, the quality of the food excellent.

The hotel is well sited on the sea front just a 10 minute walk from the town centre. The views from the hotel are spectacular.

Enjoy!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Hotel choice?

we are going back to the hermes in june this will be our third stay at the hermes great hotel in an excellent location

Surrey
Destination Expert
7. Re: Hotel choice?

Hi again

Problem is that the Hermes is on the same road as the Lato ...just that much closer to the town...and the OP was concerned about the noise from the road...so it would be even worse from the Hermes hotel...and you would also get the noise from the town too..:-(

Bristol, UK
8. Re: Hotel choice?

I've booked the Lato! Everything about it was just what we were looking for so we've taken the plunge! If the road is noisy I'll just buy earplugs! Thanks for all your suggestions.

Surrey
Destination Expert
9. Re: Hotel choice?

Hi EBO109

I am sure that you wont regret your choice and will both have a wonderful holiday...if you do need any other info on Agios and the surrounding areas...then please do just ask and dont forget to let me know how you get on in the Lato :-)

Happy Holidays

Manchester, United...
reviews: 8
10. Re: Hotel choice?

there is no problem with the hermes we have stayed twice in the hotel each time having a room with a sea view which over looks the main road each time we have never heard any road or noise coming from the town

Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos