We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time and method of catching an early flight out of Athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Conneaut Lake, PA
Time and method of catching an early flight out of Athens

Flight departs 6 50 AM. Group of 6 needing to allow enough time for flight prep, no baggage being check through. Leaving from downtown Athens, near a metro stop. Will clear hotel bill in PM, will be packed, etc. Can the hotel be asked to contact a taxi, should we take the metro and wait at the airport? Should we do the express bus 94 or 95 route?

Houston, Texas
reviews: 36
1. Re: Time and method of catching an early flight out of Athens

We took an early flight from Athens to Amsterdam (5:40am). We stayed at the Hotel Plaka and they offered to get us a taxi, they said the cost was about $30.00 euros.

However, we chose to go the cheapest way and took the bus #95 from Syntagma Sq to the Airport. We walked to the station by about 2:55am. The short walk to Syntagma Sq was safe and streets were well lighted. The bus left at 3:10am and we got to the airport by about 3:45am. We had no problems at all, got there in plenty of time. The bus is convenient (with or without luggage)-the airport busses have a large space for luggage very similar to the airport shuttle busses we have here in the US. The cost was $2.90 Euro (a 24 hour ticket to the airport). We bought the ticket the day before at the metro station, used it to go to the museum and the Pireaus area then used it for the airport bus as well.

You may want to check, but I think the Metro does not operate until 5:00am daily. Metro fare to the airport is $8.00 euros.

Gateshead...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Time and method of catching an early flight out of Athens

I am sorry i know it is more expensive but we got a taxi our flight was early in the morning.