We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help!!! car rental

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rehovot, Israel
reviews: 13
help!!! car rental

hey,

Im looking for a relaible car rental from Athens air port to pillion

Its been very challenging to find a car rental that have full insurance coverage inc cdw without deductible tires, body,mirror... and Automatic even with my will to pay the extra for my peace of mind !!!

Also, any recomendation for a hotel half way there? Any tips regarding accommodation in pillion w spa and hiking in the woods?

Thanks,

Hoffit

8 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
1. Re: help!!! car rental

hi.this car rental has been often suggested by a forum member,try them

http://www.athens-carrental.com/

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
reviews: 21
2. Re: help!!! car rental

I see you already suggested ACR yesterday athanasios!

Hoffit - I doubt anyone will cover you totally for tyres, glass, underside etc. Not sure why you are so worried about this unless you are planning to go off road, in which case you should have a 4WD to lessen the risk. Automatic cars are not so widely available in Greece, so you will have to contact maybe several companies for availability on the dates you plan to travel.

Pelion is around 4 to 5 hours drive from Athens Airport mainly on good highway so stopping part way is hardly worth it. If you arrive late in the day to Athens it may be better to stay there & pick up a car next day.

Edited: 5:34 pm, August 18, 2014
Athens, Greece
3. Re: help!!! car rental

tsipouro was the same question asked yesterday?after 2.000 posts they all seem the same,,

as tsipouro said,i would too just go all the way..

all the villages scattered in plio mountain have opportunities for hiking..do you mean organized hiking by some tour group? for accomodation you can go to http://www.booking.com/ ,click on ''additional search options'' and customize your search according to your preferances

Edited: 5:42 pm, August 18, 2014
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
4. Re: help!!! car rental

Hey and welcome Tiptop2014:-) You'll find a number of car rental agencies at the airport at the airport's site at www.aia.gr/ It's a nice, predominantly coastal run to Pelion of about 5 hours once you hit Volos.. if you want to stop somewhere somewhat midway, take a look at Kammena Vourla and check out the Galiini Spa hotel;-) Regardless, you'll find lots of places to stay en route.. from signs with rooms to rent (domatia) to hotels:-) Best.. and EnJOY!

Rehovot, Israel
5. Re: help!!! car rental

hi,

tnx for u answer . I'm not planing at all to go off road if that was the case' u r right , I would rent a jeep .

However , i read and heard a horror stories that happened to people who rent a car in Greece with extra charges , stuck w a car with no help and more ... so i want to be in the safe side , fully cover w a relabel car rental that i could travel in peace :))

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
reviews: 21
6. Re: help!!! car rental

Have you contacted the company you were given a link to in post #1 or the companies in the link from post #4? No-one can do this for you I'm afraid. You need to contact hire companies, tell them you requirements & see what they can offer.

Rehovot, Israel
7. Re: help!!! car rental

Yes, i did . i sent a request for a quote and waiting for an answer .

Thanks for all u help !!!

have u been by any chance in the hotel named "12 Months Luxury Resort

at Main Street, Tsagarada" ?

Thanks'

Hoffit

Delft...
reviews: 12
8. Re: help!!! car rental

We rented many years with ACR but they didn't have a small category car this year (?). We booked with Odysseys Car Rental, well NEVER do that because you pay money in advance and they just don't show!! We had a good offer from SIXT at the airport and even better in their office downtown, insured everything.

Reply to: help!!! car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted