We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glyfada

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delta, British...
reviews: 4
Glyfada

Will be visiting Glyfada after a cruise ending in Athens. How far away is it from pireaus and how much would the fare be via Taxi or Bus, if there is one. Any suggemtions for a hotel, restaurants, things to see and do. Thank you.

Athens, Greece
reviews: 3
1. Re: Glyfada

You can take the metro from Piraeus to Faliron one stop and then change to tramway to Voula,it goes through the main street in Glyfada or the A1 bus that goes the same destination.

Glyfada is about 30-40 minutes from Piraeus depending on traffic,for hotels look at www.booking.com or read reviews on TA,not much to see there,mostly a shopping area with lots of restaurants,coffe shops and fast food chains.

From there with local buses you can visit other suburbs or Athens.

Delta, British...
2. Re: Glyfada

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
3. Re: Glyfada

The Blue Sky Hotel is a terrific budget-friendly hotel in a quiet residential neighbourhood less than a 10-minute walk from the tram line that leads into central Athens. It's just a few minutes' more walking distance to the main shopping area that offers a great selection of shops, restaurants and bars. The Balux seaside beach/park area and other beaches are just a short walk away as well. I've stayed twice at the Blue Sky and highly recommend it.

Their website: http://www.hotelbluesky.gr/

For dining, I recommend Piazza Kalamaki, a very popular grillhouse with fabulous food at very reasonable prices.The place is packed with customers every night for good reason!

Delta, British...
4. Re: Glyfada

Thank you!

Piraeus, Greece
5. Re: Glyfada

30-40 Minutes is probably about right for a bus, if you take a taxi it's less,probably 20 minutes. (OF course all depending on traffic) From Piraeus to Glyfada with a taxi, I'm guessing you'll roughly pay 20 euros? For a bus ticket you'll pay 1 euro 40 cents.

London, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Glyfada

I paid 16 euro in a taxi yesterday! Not much traffic though. There is a lott to see and do in the area of Glyfada, you can be going to the Balux complex and enjoy the beach, the cafe and the bar with music all day and night. There is the main shopping area containing many good restaurants and then the buses all run along the sea towards Sounio. Very relaxing area to be and the E22 bus is going to the city in only 30 mins. I recommend the restaurant Piatsa Kalamaki too! And next to its doors the Sardelaki for seafood. Try the Cafe Avenue with many beautiful cafes like Marquise and Rich for the people-spotting and Greek gelati! Have a nice time there.

Stalybridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
reviews: 21
7. Re: Glyfada

I have also stayed at Blue Sky, after reading a recommendation by donnyb, & was not disappointed. In fact have booked again for a few nights this year so we can explore the area south of Athens. In a nice quiet street with ample parking right outside & easy access to public transport & places to eat only a short distance away. The hotel provides an excellent buffet breakfast which you can take out onto the terrace surrounded by colourful gardens. Friendly English speaking staff who are very helpful.

If you hire a car for the day you can do a lovely run down to Cape Sounion - which you can do by public transport also (perhaps someone can advise the logistics of this) but of course a car gives you more flexibility to make coffee stops & enjoy the views at the coastal tavernas along along the way.

8. Re: Glyfada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 29, 2014