We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 10
Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Hello -

I need to get from Rhodes to Athens in order to catch a flight to Istanbul. There are plenty of flights, but I thought an overnight ferry would be fun (assuming I can get a single, private cabin).

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, i.e. how long is the trip? Is it difficult/expensive to get from the port of Athens to the airport? How long would the port-airport trip take?

Even better would be a ferry trip from Rhodes directly to Istanbul, but I can only find them to Bodrum, and that looks like a short trip. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Athens Greece
1. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

The trip will be long,better book a cabin to get some sleep,I would suggest to get a flight to Athens to save time,

www.airtickets.gr

They have special prices for bookings till 16th of May see if you can get a good price.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
2. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

Hey again:-) You can certainly get a cabin all to yourself..check out www.greekferries.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ for ferry schedules which will state departure/arrival times! There is a dedicated bus running the route from Piraues to the Airport..it's the X96 and depending on traffic can take anywhere from an hour..75 min..upwards;-) I agree a flight would certainly be convenient since your goal is the airport anyway;-) Happy planning..and EnjOY!

3. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 02, 2012