We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monastiraki Flea Market

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 7
Monastiraki Flea Market

We would like to visit the market on Sunday, what time does it open and how do we find it from Plaka? Also what else is there to see is the Monastiraki area?

London, United...
1. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market

Hey Zgreekgirl,

Instead of one of us writing out a small essay on Monastiraki, can I suggest an easier and more reliable way to get an answer to this question?

Go to the search box at the top of the forum - enter "Monastiraki Flea Market" - hit the button with the magnifying glass, and hey presto, all previous threads on the subject and accumulated knowledge will be at your fingertips!

If that's too much detail for you, go to the search box on the left hand side of this page instead and do the same. You will now be able to access the Attraction Reviews section of TA.

Alternatively, any good guidebook will have the information you need. I can recommend the LP Athens Encounter Guide: short and sweet and perfect for a first-time short stay.

A map is your best source for how to get there and what else there is to see in the area. Use google or have a look at this one: …fliiby.com/images/_original/8k1v8fjsut.jpg

If you still have questions after looking up the information, try us again, we'll be happy to help with specifics :-)

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
2. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market

Here is to give you an idea:

Flea Market

http://tinyurl.com/2bbp5ww

Monastiraki

http://tinyurl.com/qvv6nr

Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 42
3. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market

OK, I have used the search box but after 4 searches and 10 pages of posts. I'm still unable to determine what the Sunday flea market times are. I saw mention of 8 to 11 from a 2006 post, can anyone confirm?

Thx

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Stoupa, Finikounda, Petalidi, Athens
reviews: 55
4. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market

It's a market, the times aren't rigid. Time of year & weather will partly determine when they pack up, I have seen many still there at 1pm. There are some sellers there every day, it's just that there are so many more on the Sunday morning, some with very ordinary stalls of t-shirts etc.

London, United...
5. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market

Definitely plenty of sellers there as late as 2 PM last time I visited. If it's a warm sunny day, I'd recommend going earlier rather than later, around 9-10 AM would be ideal, as the area gets far too busy from midday onwards.

Xeena, when you do a search, results come up in order of relevance rather than date. If you switch the view to date, you'll see the most recent answers first. This will save you from trawling through pages and pages of posts that are several years old.

Edited: 6:17 pm, April 26, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
reviews: 42
6. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market

Thanks that is what I needed to know.

Appears things start around 9 but would wrap up by 2. I understand it's flexable but if I got there at 7 am (what I call early) people would still be setting up. My guidebook says to go in the afternoon, which to me is after 1 so if I followed it I'd miss out.

I do use the search here but it doesn't allow for common search practices like using quotes to have a post include all the words searched for. I find it very frustrating and not all that helpful when I need to know a specific thing.

7. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 22, 2012