We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nich, Gas, etc... I need help with a room for my...

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
reviews: 2
Nich, Gas, etc... I need help with a room for my...

Hey guys & gals-

I have read SOOO much on this site and have seen SO many reviews that i have confused myself on which hotel to use for my 1st two nights in Greece, which will be in Athens. I am coming to Greece for my honeymoon and I want to get the nicest room for the money (who doesn't), but also be able to take advantage of all the woderful aspects of the city. I had read reviews of the Phillipos and the Cypria and thought about going with the Cypria because of the location, view of the acropolis, and the reviews people have left. But i am worried that it might be a little to "plain". I would love to have a hotel that is in a quiet area, but also have a CLEAR view of the Acropolis from our room for my new wife to enjoy. I've been to Athens once before, and although i'm excited, my wife is going CRAZY with anticipation, so i can't mess this one up. One thing though, my wife isn't really use to staying in small, narrow, "local" hotels that many people describe here on the site, but rather is used to the commericalized hotels like marriott, etc. I think she will get more out of her trip if she stays in a hotel that has a "greek feel" to it, but i am worried about these hotels in general. At the same time, i don't want to spend 300 euro a night for one of these commercialized hotels, as we will be in Greece 2 full weeks.

Can you (and anybody else) recommend your top 3 choices of hotels for quality, being close to shopping, sites, etc., between $130-$180 Euro's, please??? You all seem to know your stuff, but there are SO many recommendations on this site, i keep confusing myself.

I would greatly appreciate any help you all can give.

JYinKY

baltimore, maryland
11. Re: Nich, Gas, etc... I need help with a room for my...

what about the lectra palace