We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake

Crete
Earthquake

I was just wondering if the recent earthquake(s) in the Kefalonia area have had much effect on Ithaca. I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me.

Thanks

Jackie

6 replies to this topic
East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 39
1. Re: Earthquake

Hi Jackie,

Apparently not. All the damage and minor injuries have been in the west of the island according to the reports I have seen. Lixouri appears to have suffered the worst.

This thread gives lots of info and several inks.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g780715-i12718-k…

Bob

Dingwall, United...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Earthquake

was wondering the same thing. I am having to holiday in Lefki this april and was already not looking forward to it but now....we are to have two nights on kephalonia before leaving from the airport.

Crete
3. Re: Earthquake

THanks, Bob

Devizes, United...
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 310
4. Re: Earthquake

Hi there

Why would you "already not be looking forward to your holiday" at Lefki? It's in a stunning location, for me, one of the loveliest locations on the island. The islands get loads of minor quakes every year, few cause any effect, it's really not worth worrying about.

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Earthquake

I am going to lixuori with my family in july i we cant wait to get there beautiful island and beautiful people.If we can do anything to help the locals when we get there we will .

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
reviews: 31
6. Re: Earthquake

As GB said, the islands have lots of earthquakes every year. The last series have been a bit worse than usual. For the last 50 odd years all buildings are built to strictly enforced ''anti earthquake'' regulations & as such is very safe nowadays. Most of the damage has been to older properties built before the regulations. Had earthquakes of similar strength happened in the UK there would have been a lot more damage & devastation .

There's really nothing at all to worry about when you're on holiday there.

Reply to: Earthquake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted