We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distances...

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Walking distances...

Hi,

Would anyone be able to tell me how long it would take to walk from Eurostars Das Artes to Rua De Santa Catarina?

I'm just trying to understand the distance between various places so I can figure out the 'real size' of the map :-)

If you can tell me the walking distance between some other places that would be useful also.

Thanks

Nova Scotia
reviews: 20
1. Re: Walking distances...

The Eurostars Das Artes is a little way from the centre of downtown Porto. I would say it would take about 30 minutes to walk to the bottom end of Rua Santa Catarina. To walk from Sao Bento station up the Avenida dos Aliados to the main Post Office (just south of Trindade station) takes about 10/12 minutes. Note that Porto is a very hilly city, some pretty steep climbs up from the river. But, the downtown and shopping area (eg Santa Catarina is pedestrianized) is fairly compact and interesting to walk about in. From Sao Bento station down to the Ribeira (riverside) area would take 15/20 minutes walk, but a bit longer on the steep walk back. The Eurostars Das Artes is not far from the Instituto do Vinho do Porto, an extremely attractive bar to drink hundreds of different ports.It has an outside terrace with a fabulous view over the river. Highly recommended.

2. Re: Walking distances...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 25, 2009