We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andante Card

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laval, Canada
reviews: 12
Andante Card

Hi All,

After reading a few of the post about Andate Card, and also about the Porto Card, I'm confused! Putting aside the period (1,2 or 3 days) and the zone it covers, it's the type of public transport that can be used that seems to confuse me and many other people.

Does it include ALL public transport in Porto? Metro, ground bus, tram (including the old ones) and funicular? It seems to change year to year. Can anyone bring light into all this?

Many thanks in advance!

Ax

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
1. Re: Andante Card

Andante includes all city buses. metro, trams and suburban trains in the Greater Porto area. The system was extended to include the suburban trains a couple of years ago.

This page lists, in detail, all the routes and services on which Andante can be used. Click each route for a map of the places and stations concerned. It does include the Funicular dos Guindais and the old trams.

The popup maps also show the various zones each route crosses. Because it is a zonal system it is important to have the correct card for the number of zones in your journey.

http://www.linhandante.com/linhas.asp

You will see it includes some buses to the suburbs operated by private companies.

There are maps of the various zones at www.stcp.pt/en/travel/maps/search-maps/

I hope that helps.

Edited: 4:47 am, April 07, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 54
2. Re: Andante Card

Just back from Porto a few days- we could not use the Andante card on the tram the one we tried to get onto was no 22 and we had to pay. We went to Guimarães on the train but had to buy a return ticket- it was only €6.20 return. This place is 50kms outside of Porto.

Laval, Canada
3. Re: Andante Card

Thanks MODublin and cubsur,

This is exactly the ambiguity I was referring about! The old trams not being included in the Andate Card, even through indicated in the web sites!

It's disappointing but pretty sure will still enjoy beautiful Porto! See you in a few months!

Ax

Ax

Porto
4. Re: Andante Card

The Andante used to be valid on old trams, but not any more. Some sites are not updated.

5. Re: Andante Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:58 pm, April 18, 2013
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
6. Re: Andante Card

You would think that the OFFICIAL Andante website would be updated to remove reference to the 22 tram. It's a good thing there are people on the ground who know these things, or I would have been making the same mistake when next visiting Porto. I wonder what else is now incorrect?

Guimarães is outside the Andante area, as indicated on the line diagrams on the list I mentioned.

On the CP Suburban (Urbanos) trains, Andante is valid only as far as Ermesinde on the Guimarães and Braga lines, as far as Valongo on the Marco de Canavezes line and Espinho on the Aveiro line. The latter is especially good value, being a popular seaside resort for day trips.

Porto
7. Re: Andante Card

I already emailed them, asking to correct the wrong information about the trams 1, 18 and 22 being part of the Andante network.

Laval, Canada
8. Re: Andante Card

Thanks cubsur, MODublin and vfelix. Appreciate all your efforts and information.

Thanks cubsur for the additional information of the surrounding of Porto.

All this will make my stay in Porto even more pleasant!

Obrigado a todos.

Axônio

Porto
9. Re: Andante Card

They replied to my email saying that Andante monthly subscriptions include the tram lines. Only the monthly subscriptions!

Laval, Canada
10. Re: Andante Card

Thanks vfelix for the precision on the Andate Card.

Is the old trams 1, 18 and 22 also cover by ground bus (or other public transport)?

Looking at the STCP web site I would tend to say yes! If so, it's only for the experience of old trams (like in San Francisco) and doesn't really diminish the tourist transportation capability.

What's the additional service you gain with the Porto Card? Understand it includes an Andante Card, but what more? Any free entrance to attractions (i.e.: museums)? Read the web site information but deosn't say much about the additional benefit of the card.

Counting the days until my visit to Porto!

Ax