We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get to airport for 06:30 departure?

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 3
Get to airport for 06:30 departure?

Hello

I have already booked an airline ticket, and I am departing Porto at 06:30 early on a monday morning.

I notice that the metro lines generally start running at 06:00 so I think that the metro will not be an option for me.

I see that there is a shuttle called GOIN PORTO, running from either Aliados or Boavista, first shuttle at 04:45.

Other than this shuttle or direct taxi, is there any other easy way to get to the airport so early?

How much would it cost to take a taxi from Aliados to the airport?

thanks for your help

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: Get to airport for 06:30 departure?

A 630 flight departure means getting there absolutely no later than 530am. but check with your airline for their minimum checkin which might be 2 hours for a transatlantic flight.

"Other than this shuttle or direct taxi, is there any other easy way to get to the airport so early?

No. The city buses don't get there that early, there is no all-night service.

Taxi price? This handy little website came up with a cost of €11.33 but that sounds a little low to me. More like €20 I think.

www.numbeo.com/taxi-fare/city_result.jsp…

At 430am you might also have to pay a night surcharge.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Get to airport for 06:30 departure?

Thank you cubsur.

I will also check hotels, some of them have a shuttle service to the airport.

And as I mentioned there is GOIN PORTO shuttle. (However this departs only from Aliados or Boavista, and first shuttle is only at 04:45). I will ask them if they guarantee arrival at the airport by 05:30.

thanks again

sw

Vancouver, Canada
3. Re: Get to airport for 06:30 departure?

Just to follow up, in case anyone else is reading this question later.

My Ryanair flight departed porto at 06:30 and I was advised to be at the two hours before departure.

GOIN PORTO shuttle operates its first shuttle at 04:00 from Boa Vista, which was very close to my hotel.

I reserved in advance via the internet web site.

The shuttle arrived at 04:00 and then normally it is supposed to go to Aliados, but on this morning there were noi passengers at Aliados so the driver went directly to the airport, arriving at approx 04:25.

The Ryanair check in had only 3 people waiting in front of me at the check in desk for Madrid flight, and there was no Ryan air attendant at the check in desk until 20 minutes later.

I checked in, the airport was very quiet as these were the first flights of the day. Sufficient to say, it is not a problem if you arrive at the airport at 04:45 or even 05:00 for a 06:30 departure.

sw

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
4. Re: Get to airport for 06:30 departure?

Fine for a flight to an EU destination I would agree, but for a transatlantic flight the US security measures usually call for a 2 hour checkin.

Best always check with the carrier.

If you check-in on line (compulsory with Ryanair) and have no checked baggage to deal with, you could plan to arrive an hour before departure.

5. Re: Get to airport for 06:30 departure?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 11, 2013