We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Best Western Inca please ?

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
reviews: 1
Airport to Best Western Inca please ?

Hi I`m hoping to use the metro from the airport into the centre of porto, the hotel is called Best Western Inca and is located at PRACA CORONEL PACHECO 52, 4050-453 PORTO.

If I use the Violet Line what would be the nearest stop to the Best Western Inca ?

What times do the Metro start and finish on a weekday ?

Thanks for any help / replies ?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
1. Re: Airport to Best Western Inca please ?

I was in Porto last week

First trams on the Metro are at about 6am, last trains after midnight. trams from the airport run every 20 minutes. (They are trams, by the way, it isn't an underground like say London. They run in a tunnel from Trindade under the city centre to Estadio do Dragao)

The nearest station to the Inca Hotel is TRINDADE - there is a good map at

www.holidaycityeurope.com/inca-porto/map.html

The journey Airport - Trindade will take 26 minutes and 52 seconds according the www.metrodoporto.pt! Cost €1.85 (the ANDANTE ticket is re-chargeable so keep it and save €.0.50 on other journeys.) The ticket machines only take coins so make sure you have a few. There are no ticket offices on the Metro, just machines, but you can buy tickets at the Airport tourist office I am told.

Trindade is where all the Metro lines cross so a useful station.

Enjoy your trip. Porto is a nice city.

bristol
2. Re: Airport to Best Western Inca please ?

Thanks for the info Cubsur, could you just clarify about the ANDANTE ticket for me please.

Where can i buy one after I arrive at the airport ?

Is it valid for more than a day ?

Where do i recharge it ?

If there`s not enough credit on it do i get in trouble on the train ?

Is it just for one person ?

Lots of Questions hopefully the answers will help other people as well !

Thanks

bristol
3. Re: Airport to Best Western Inca please ?

Andante Tour says it`s not rechargeable ?

Is there another Andante version ?

From May 14, will be available to the public the new title of intermodal transport, Andante Tour.

This title, directed to the visitors of the metropolitan area of Porto unaware that the operation of the system intermodal Andante, is characterized by maximum simplicity. Simply choose the number of days.

The Andante Tour is available in two versions:

• Andante Tour 1-valid for 24 consecutive hours after the 1 st validation

• Andante Tour 3-valid for 72 consecutive hours after the 1 st validation

Both securities access to the entire network intermodal Andante allowing an unlimited number of trips.

Fees:

• Andante Tour 1 = 5.00 EUR

• Andante Tour 3 = 11.00 EUR

Net Sales:

• Shops Andante

• Points of Sale STCP

• Points of Sale CP Porto

• Shop for Mobility

The marketing of the new titles will start in the desk Andante Airport the next day on May 14, pervasive is subsequently to the whole network of sales.

The Andante Tour card is not rechargeable.

Click here for the index of news.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
4. Re: Airport to Best Western Inca please ?

Just to clarify how I used the system:

I first bought a 24 hour ANDANTE ticket, which is not re-chargeable but a ticket for one, two or ten journeys (for x number of zones) is rechargeable, which is what I did on another day. (A member of staff told me that a 24 hour ticket is not rechargeable when it was checked on board close the end of the 24 hour validity period)

Tickets are available from machines at every stop/station and also at various points of sale (STCP shop if you will) and also at the Airport Tourist Office. There are no ticket offices as such within the Metro stations.

(Panic mode on final morning when one of the machines at my stop was not working and a queue was building up and the tram was coming...!)

ANDANTE tickets can be used on buses also.

Trust that helps and thanks to other posters.

5. Re: Airport to Best Western Inca please ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 13, 2009