We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto metro

Which Porto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk UK
Porto metro

We are landing at Porto airport at 20.40 hrs. Do we need to take a taxi to Grande de Paris or does the Metro have a station nearby? Also is it possible to take a train trip along the Douro valley?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
1. Re: Porto metro

The Porto Metro now has a station in the airport. Details, maps etc at

http://www.metrodoporto.pt/

Not sure what you would need to do at the city end ie how far is the nearest Metro from your hotel.

Trains (scheduled services of CP, the national railway company) do run along the Douro Valley. This is the line from Porto to Pocinho. The whole journey is 4 hours one way and the line runs right alongside the river for the final two hours or so of the journey. Times at www.cp.pt

I recall that last summer steam excursion trains also ran along the more scenic part of the route, but I cannot find any details at the moment of what might be happening this year.

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 1
2. Re: Porto metro

Hi,

the nearest metro station from GHP is Trindade.

It's about 10 minutes walking. Just walk down Aliados Street and you'll be close to GHP.

Porto, Portugal
reviews: 11
3. Re: Porto metro

Hi Sergio,

Don’t want to criticize the local expert, but isn’t Bolhão the closest metro to the Grande Hotel? Exit at Rua Santa Catarina/Rua Fernandes Tomas?

Cheers

Porto, Portugal
reviews: 11
4. Re: Porto metro

Oops, apologies. It's Grande Hotel de Paris, not Grande Hotel do Porto. I should read the thread more closely brfore replying.

Lisbon, Portugal
5. Re: Porto metro

Hi,

That's fine. Just because I'm a "Local Expert" doesn't mean I know everything about the city. You did well trying to help.

Kind regards,

Sérgio

Norfolk UK
6. Re: Porto metro

Thanks Sergio, Metro worked fine. Had a good time in Porto, very impressed with Airport & Metro. Grande Hotel de Paris up to expectations, very well situated. Only gripe, food lacking variety, but excellent cakes. Also took train to Amarante which made a nice day out.

Lisbon, Portugal
7. Re: Porto metro

Hi,

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Porto!

Hope you'll be back soon to visit some other places in Portugal!

8. Re: Porto metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Porto