We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

Which Porto Santo Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carpi, Italy
reviews: 79
Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

Hi,

I am trying to buy online tickets for the ferry from Madeira to Poarto Santo...but there semm to be some problems!

maybe it's too early to book tickets for august? or maybe they have already fully booked trips?

Thank you very much for your support

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 33
1. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

the timetable is only up to June at the moment but just keep looking and you will be able to book as soon as they are released. Don't leave it too late though as it is always busy in August so book them as soon as they are released.

Carpi, Italy
reviews: 79
2. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

Thank you, I'll be checking regularly!

UK
reviews: 2
3. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

I wonder if anyone can help me as regards booking tickets for the ferry from Porto Santo to Funchal on the Porto Santo ferry website. I can get so far and then it says a VAT number is mandatory. Has anyone else had this problem while buying tickets? I'm wondering if it's because we are just a couple and not a company purchasing them.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
4. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

I've just done a dummy booking and can't see where there is a VAT needed. Being a couple is not a problem, most bookings are for individuals as opposed to Company's. Are you using this website?

http://www.portosantoline.pt

Make sure you use the English part (click on the Unon Jack and the site changes to English). I have never had a problem booking online or at the Office in Funchal. When are you planning to go?

UK
5. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

Hi

I'm trying to book two one-way tickets on 9.9.13 from Porto Santo to Funchal. It asks for a VAT number under the 'billing data' section. Thanks for looking - I've emailed them now so hopefully they will get back soon.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
6. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

They have a big office in Funchal and many hotels and outlets sell tickets show you shouldn't have a problem getting tickets., they also have an office in The Lido area. I never had problem booking online.

Catania, Italy
reviews: 3
7. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

Hi there, I got the same problem, I e-mailed them, but no answer so far. I want to book an accommodation package, so I think I can do it only on line. How did you do?

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
8. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

You can book online or at the Offices, there is one in central Funchal and one in the Lido area. If you book online it is very easy. At the moment there is an offer on including accommodation during September. On the Home page, that is shown on the left and the booking form is shown on the right hand side, with the option to add accommodation (just tick the box). I do not think they will make a booking from an email, you must complete the booking on the form on the website and print you ticket. The English version is by click on the English flag at the top of the page.

http://www.portosantoline.pt

UK
9. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

Hi

We've just got back today from Madeira and Porto Santo. When I emailed Porto Santo Line they told me to just fill the space for the VAT identification number with nine zeros. I was able to book the ferry tickets then. Hope this helps. We've had a fab time.

10. Re: Ferry from Madeira to Porto Santo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Porto Santo Island