We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecasts

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford
Weather forecasts

Arriving in Funchal second week of July and the long term forecast is cloud and rain. Not what we were expecting at all. Wondered how accurate these forecasts are or is likely to change. Anyone help. Thanks

Brixham, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Weather forecasts

I woudn't worry too much. I gave up on Madeira weather forecasts many years ago! Apart from the fact that the best "'weather computer" in the world cannot accurately predict beyond 5 days ahead, Madeira is especially tricky because it contains several micro climates; it's quite common to have rain on the north side of the island and sunny and dry on the south (or vice versa). Also it can be raining in the mountains but not at the coast. When it does rain in the morning it's often gone by early afternoon.

Whatever the weather there is lots to do and see and I'm sure you will have a good time.

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 32
2. Re: Weather forecasts

Don't look at them, they are unreliable and we don't often know about next week, let alone next month. July is normally one of the hottest months of the year with August and humidity is likely to be rising. Even weather patterns are exactly that - they don't tell you anything we don't already know. The weather has changed over the past few years but I would doubt it if we will see rain along the South in July. As has been said, Madeira has microclimates and I can leave home in cloud (I live high up) and 5 minutes away the sun is shining... Temperatures can reach the high 20's and have been in the 30's in August in some years. Don't read them, after all you have to have what happens, pack your suncream, shorts and T shirts and enjoy Madeira.

Chelmsford
3. Re: Weather forecasts

Thanks for the replying made feel a lot better. Just dreaded the thought of rain after the rubbish we have had. Cheers

Bolton, United...
reviews: 25
4. Re: Weather forecasts

Looked at the lido web cam about 16.30 & the weather looked brilliant.

Not much room to be had on the lower deck where all the locals go & spread there towels out.

Rob

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 32
5. Re: Weather forecasts

The last few days have been very good, a bit of cloud in the morning but soon burnt off and sun very strong (factor 50 time!) The beach at Praia Formosa is now ready for Summer, lots of volcanic sand, lots of pebbles have been moved towards the back and now the schools are finished (just about) children are enjoying sea swims. The steps down to the beach have been replaced (swept away in winter seas) and there is a volley ball coirt and I think the sunbeds will be available soon. My daily walk from the beach to Camara do Lobos is very good still but a bit warm even though I go at 9 in the morning.

Wrexham, United...
reviews: 53
6. Re: Weather forecasts

Rob - I often look at the Lido webcam .Went swimming there myself last September .

Phil M -I agree with what others have said .Just go there and enjoy yourself .I am sure you will have some great weather and there is so much to see and do regardless of the weather .Even the rain is warm .

Glasgow Scotland
reviews: 48
7. Re: Weather forecasts

I'm here now. Like you I was looking at forecasts 2 weeks before I came and they weren't good. They can only really forecast about 5 days ahead. The weather here is warm and sunny.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 100
8. Re: Weather forecasts

Yes i agree forget about the forecast for Madeira just have a great time same to you Calderglen.

England, United...
reviews: 57
9. Re: Weather forecasts

Agree. I wouldn't bother checking the weather forecasts as they're not always reliable, especially this far ahead. Hopefully you should have some lovely weather.

Looks great there at the moment. Have a good time Calderglen. Look forward to hearing any updates.

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
10. Re: Weather forecasts

Don't know what forecast you saw but 2 of the 3 I know don't predict any rain at all and Tempo.pt just a little bit in the weekend of 7 July

Get answers to your questions about Funchal