We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
reviews: 2
Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

hopefully going to book a last minute escape to our favourite destination! We usually stay at the porto santa maria bt found a good deal for a week at the Albergaria Dias for same price as 4 nights at the PSM -any advice-do we have 4 nights of our usual lovely hotel or risk a week elsewhere ??Any advice welcome- got to be in the old town for us!

Edited: 1:22 pm, February 17, 2013
Bolton, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

In my opinion with how things stand at the moment concerning all the work going on along the promenade i would opt for the Albergaria Dias.Been inside both hotels(never stayed) PSM lovely hotel & may stop there one day.Albergaria Dias,we were shown round by the owner,could not fault it & has a very homely feel about it.Dont think it would be a "risk" stopping here.

Rob

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 90
2. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

Hi i agree with Rob i would go for Albergaria Dias the work when i was there did not seem to effect the PSM to badly i have never stayed in either hotel but both are fine however with the work going on i would opt for the Albergaria Dias.

merseyside
reviews: 17
3. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

have stayed in both as I like old town location ,both are perfectly acceptable, I woul lean towards PSM myself yes the sea defence works are ongoing, but you get 20 euros a day per couple for drinks snacks or to use in restsurant as a gesture because of works

Glasgow Scotland
reviews: 44
4. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

As the Albergaria Dias gets excellent reviews and as it's for a week rather than 4 days I'd go for it.

Old Portsmouth...
reviews: 14
5. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

It's a no contest - Albergaria Dias for a week and on the 5th day remind yourself you could have been back in Yorkshire in the snow, sleet, rain and wind wishing you were back in Madeira!

Hemel Hempstead...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

Well said, Fission Chips. We have stayed at the Albergaria Dias twice on Thomson packages and find it an excellent, family-run hotel - very different from the rather impersonal larger hotels (which we have also stayed at).

Never stayed at the PSM but have been shown round and would certainly consider it in future if the right deal came along.

But in your immediate case, then as Fission Chips says, it's no contest - 7 days at AD beats 4 days at PSM!

Edited: 5:59 am, February 18, 2013
Brixham, United...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

Absolutely no contest - it's got to be the Albergaria if only because you get three more days!

The Hague, The...
reviews: 96
8. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

Alb.Dias are only 7th now but for a long time at number 1. Will have had a good reason. Now 4th for all Portugal regarding service (Tripadvisor Traveller's Choice), way above PSM.

yorkshire
reviews: 2
9. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

Thank you for all your replies! Due to other commitments at home are going for the 4 nights at the PSM- at least we are managing to get away from cold and wet Yorkshire for a few days! Just booked-going on monday and can't wait -will be our 6 or 7th trip there .

Wrexham, United...
reviews: 53
10. Re: Porto santa Maria or Albergaria Dias-Help!!

Enjoy your break and update us on the progress of the seafront works on your return .