We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madiera in August

Which Funchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
epsom
Madiera in August

How much sunshine is there in Funchal in August. ?

As I keep reading in guide books about cloud cover in the morning and late afternoon.

Is this the case ?

Regards.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Madiera in August

As has been said before, it is becoming more difficult to predict weather patterns; however, I think you should, in August, get lots of sunshine. Most of my visits over the years have been in July/August and weather has never disappointed. It has always been possible to wear shorts and Tshirts during the day and sunbathing has, of course, been possible. Having said that cloud cover can never be ruled any time - and it is also important to remember that it can be sunny in Funchal but cloudy and slightly cooler in other parts of the island. Hope this helps.

portsmouth
reviews: 15
2. Re: Madiera in August

I was there at the end of July last summer and it was sunny for the majority of the days (although when we arrived it was raining). Each morning would start sunny but by mid-afternoon it would cloud over. Lots of time for sunbathing but there is plenty to see and do around Funchal so when it gets cloudy it's a great time to get out and about.

Wrexham, United...
reviews: 52
3. Re: Madiera in August

We were there last year from 27th August for 2 weeks . It was hot and sunny for the whole holiday , no rain , but that was last year .

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 81
4. Re: Madiera in August

I never been in August but have been in June and early Sept among others generally sunny and warm cloudy at times Even when cloudy it is warm and usually dry.Returned a few weeks ago from a trip weather lovely warm and sunny as others say patterns are changing but i think you will get good weather.

London
reviews: 4
5. Re: Madiera in August

In August you will generally get good temperatures in Funchal. However as someone who has holidayed 30 or so times in Madeira I can tell you that if you want to guarantee the best sunny weather in Madeira then Calheta is your best bet. The number of times we have driven from Calheta to Funchal to do some shopping, when you approach Funchal you see a blanket of cloud hovering over it, and when you leave Funchal you can see the sunny blue skies ahead to the west.

If you are not too bothered about the sun and just want wrm temperatures with intermittant cloud then Funchal is fine.

Canico, Madeira
reviews: 15
6. Re: Madiera in August

July and August, can cloud over in the afternoons especially in Funchal.

Caniço and Garajau to the east or Ponta do Sol and Calheta to the west to name just a few places will be better.

May favourite months are May and September.

Tobi.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 129
7. Re: Madiera in August

We also had lovely weather the time when we were there in late July.

8. Re: Madiera in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014