We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in June/July

Which Madeira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 4
Weather in June/July

We are really interested in visiting Madeira in late June or early July but are a bit put off by reports that the weather is often overcast and cloudy in June. We only get a week away each yearand Id really like to feel we were going to get some nice sunny blue skies!

I know nothing with weather is certain, but is this not the best month to go to Madeira?

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 25
1. Re: Weather in June/July

It can be cloudy any time of year but not usually for long periods in June/July and August. You can catch the sun by just travelling short distances, if it is not shining where you are!! June used to be historically a cloudy month but it is changing so as you say nothing is certain.

Whatever the weather regards cloud it will still be very warm and you can still get a tan, even in cloud.It is unlikely to be whole Island cover if there is some cloud. Go for it, you won't regret it, it is a beautiful place to be.

The Hague, The...
reviews: 94
2. Re: Weather in June/July

It does not make much or any difference,. In some years June was even better than July (2008 and 2010). You can find weather statistics for many years back for Funchal at www.wunderground.com

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Weather in June/July

I visited in early July 2012 and it was very hot - approaching 30 degrees some days. As has been said so often in the past, it is difficult to predict how cloudy Madeira will be but as Flowercity said it will certainly be warm and you will get a tan from the rays coming through the clouds.

Funchal, Portugal
reviews: 54
4. Re: Weather in June/July

If you go in June you can enjoy the Saturday evening fireworks of The Atlantic Festival in Funchal. Madeira is a wonderful place regardless of blue skies, it will be warm in June, do give it a try.

Wrexham, United...
reviews: 53
5. Re: Weather in June/July

The fireworks are on the 8th , 15th , 22nd , and the 29th . Wish I could be there .

UK
reviews: 4
6. Re: Weather in June/July

Thanks everyone. I think we will take a chance as it does sound lovely. Now where to stay....

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 90
7. Re: Weather in June/July

All going well i hope to be there in June as others say it should be sunny but even if cloudy should be warm glad you will probably go to Madeira possibly one of the best places to holiday in the world.

8. Re: Weather in June/July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Madeira