We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It pays to book early

Bolton, United...
reviews: 25
It pays to book early

Just had a look at the price of our package holiday for July & it is £458 more expensive than when we booked at xmas.

The flights we are on from Manchester are now £838!!

Has Fred Pontin(ental) used to say..."Book early"

Rob

Wrexham, United...
reviews: 53
1. Re: It pays to book early

Good for you Rob .Nice bit of extra spending money for you .

It wouldn't surprise me if the extra price quoted now is on the flights not the hotel .

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 102
2. Re: It pays to book early

Yes Rob does not surprise me good luck even for all going well my trips to Madeira in November this year and Jan next year the price has gone up a good amount so i would say book early for good prices

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: It pays to book early

Rob, I agree. I booked my August holiday in January (after being prompted by your thread on Jet2 holidays). I recently did dummy booking and the cost of the holiday if booking now is around £300 more expensive.

I think the days of last minute bargains are, in the main, a thing of the past.

Bolton, United...
reviews: 25
4. Re: It pays to book early

Never thought i would see it from Manchester but our flights are now £1028 for 2 pax including 22 kg of hold luggage!!

May have something to do with coming back on a Friday.

Rob

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 67
5. Re: It pays to book early

Still a bit to go Bob even converting £1028 to euro its still cheaper by e200 than the e1410 that Sata are quoting for 2 pax. Dublin to Madeira for August and its not a last minute price its dear all the time. I think Sata should change their flight code on this route from FNC to MDR = MADEARER (With Sata extra leg room will come as standard on these planes soon as they are that old your feet will go through the floor. I think they have placed an order with the Mojave Desert for some new ones)

Hemel Hempstead...
reviews: 9
6. Re: It pays to book early

Wow, there's some hefty prices being quoted here. Prompted me to compare price now for our January flights with our very early booking made as soon as Easyjet released the schedule earlier this year. On a like for like basis, the price for two returns with baggage and seat reservations is now £315.96 compared with the £238.96 we paid - an increase of 32%.

As has been said before, it certainly pays to book as early as you can with the low-cost airlines because their business model is to sell cheap early and expensive late. However, as has also been said many times, it CAN pay to wait with some other airlines (eg, Thomson) who work to the very different business model of selling expensive early and, if any seats left, knocking them out cheap at the very last minute.

7. Re: It pays to book early

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 29, 2014