We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Sintra

Which Sintra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Day trip to Sintra

We will be taking a day trip from Lisbon to Sintra in May. We will have our two kids (3 years old and 13 months old) with a small double stroller that folds up. I am finding conflicting information about what order to do things in. I see that Bus #434 does a loop for 5 euros. I also see that you can walk from the train station to the National Palace in about 10 to 15 minutes but that Pena Palace and the Moorish Castle is much further, so we would definitely want to take the bus for that. What do you recommend for an order to see these three sights? Also, how much time is usually spent in each?

Indiana
1. Re: Day trip to Sintra

Actually, after reading more about Sintra, I'm wondering if we'd rather do Quinta de Regalerio instead of the National Palace...any thoughts on this?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
2. Re: Day trip to Sintra

I love Quinta da Regaleira. If you have to choose, go for QdaR. The grounds are also quite beautiful.

Indiana
3. Re: Day trip to Sintra

Thanks for the suggestion!

4. Re: Day trip to Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, March 04, 2014
5. Re: Day trip to Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 05, 2015