We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking in Sintra

Which Sintra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Xiamen, China
reviews: 14
parking in Sintra

I know the best way to do sintra is by train but we are coming by car because we are continuing up the coast to Peniche. Is there any way we can park at the entrance to Sintra and do the 434 bus trip and then return to the car ?

Or is there another solution I haven't thought of yet?

don't have time to do a day trip and then return to Lisbon ,rent a car and continue.Help!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: parking in Sintra

There are several car parks in Sintra but last time I was there (June) the traffic was at a standstill as the car parks were full and people were queuing to get in.

The local council website has a downloadable and printable map of the town showing the car parks at

www.cm-sintra.pt/anexo/Mapa%20de%20Sintra.pdf

I cannot say which one is best (I went on the train) but there are some near the railway station from where the 434 bus starts its rounds.

Lisbon
2. Re: parking in Sintra

Most of the moments there has their own parks, as Pena palace, dos Mouros castle, Monserrate and Capuchos. More tips on Sintra at www.portugalsintra.com

3. Re: parking in Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 10, 2010