We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sintra for a week?

Which Sintra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 21
Sintra for a week?

I am in the beginning stages of planning a 25 anniversary trip and am thinking of Portugal. We have travelled in Italy , Germany and Austria and have always enjoyed the smaller towns. Assisi was our favorite in Italy. Therefore- I am thinking of Sintra for the week- I believe we would be flying into Porto because that is where our FF would bring us. The dates are either end of August before school starts here in NY or sometime in Nov or Oct.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated!!

The Hague, The...
reviews: 100
1. Re: Sintra for a week?

I think Sintra is a perfect base for a week''s stay, as it has several castles to offer and Lisbon is only 40 minutes away by very cheap train, if you want day trips out of Sintra and Queluz Palace is also on that train line. August gets very hot. I would prefer October.

If there would be still booking availibity (check that out on their website) I would recommend to stay at www.stayatcinco.com, a very friendly 1-apartment accomodation (but they're building a second one), the Number 1 here in the Hotel reviews.

Berlin, Germany
reviews: 23
2. Re: Sintra for a week?

Stayatcinco is a really nice place, but they are mostly booked.

You will find other options at www.cdpreisen.de/list.php…

Good luck,

Fred

Lisbon
3. Re: Sintra for a week?

More options also at http://www.portugalsintra.com with some info and tips too.

Sintra
4. Re: Sintra for a week?

You will find another option in www.fonte37.com which is an apartment in Penha Longa Golf Resort (Sintra)

Edited: 10:59 am, April 21, 2010
Berlin, Germany
reviews: 23
5. Re: Sintra for a week?

Please note that you have about 200 miles between Porto and Sintra.

6. Re: Sintra for a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, October 19, 2010