We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny
reviews: 1
Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

Does anyone know the area around Parque das conchas? We have an opportunity to rent an apt there and need to know if it is safe and convenient to transportation. The apt is in Alto de lumiar. Thank

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 35
1. Re: Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

It's a fair way out of the centre of town - it will take you at least half an hour on the bus or metro to get into the Baixa. As a tourist, I would look for something closer to the centre. Ymmv.

Lisbon
2. Re: Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

Hi,

the closest metro station is around 10 mins walk from the closest edge of the area usually known as "alto do lumiar" or "alta de lisboa". There are a few buses crossing the area, but I can't advise on that.

Regarding safety or at least the feeling of safety, you need to check carefully where the apt is located. There are some buildings/quarters that are mixed social housing/regular and staying in one of those can make you feel a bit unconfortable. Even if it's just a "feeling"...

On the other hand, the parks in the area are great and the buildings are quite new.

let me know if you need further details, I know the area quite well.

cheers,

miguel

Lisbon, Portugal
3. Re: Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

If you can, try closer to the centre (no further than Marques de Pombal/Campo Pequeno area). Do avoid hotel/apts that are served by the green line of metro. There´s not great advantage (touristically speaking) of staying in this area that you mentioned.

ny
reviews: 1
4. Re: Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

Thanks.

Thank you for your timely reply. I don't know the exact address of the condo, but expect to have that info shortly. We are staying for three months, so we don't mind being a little away from the tourist area. We just want a safe area near the metro for a reasonable price. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Ann

Lisbon, Portugal
5. Re: Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

Parque das Conchas is a midle/higher class area, so you shouldn´t have problems of insecurity.If it´s close to metro, then should be a plus.

6. Re: Alto do lumiar area of Lisbon, Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 08, 2015