We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early May Lisbon

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
reviews: 6
Early May Lisbon

Hi all!

I am planning a early May trip and Lisbon is one of the options. I would like to get your great sharing and advice:

1. I will have 6 days in Lisbon in early-mid May. How is the weather generally? Hope it is not too hot, as it will not be fun walking when it is 30C. Does it rain often then?

2. Apart from Lisbon city, personally I prefer to see more nature view and do some walking (but not too strenuous/rough). Do you have any suggestions on where to go? How about Sindra? Any other places?

3. Are the hiking/walking path well signed?

Thanks a million!

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 38
1. Re: Early May Lisbon

Hi Wendy,

1. In early May is not too hot. In my opinion is one of the best times to visit Lisbom.

2- If you like nature you can visit Sintra where you can do nice walks and also see a village that is UNESCO world heritage site. You can also go to Cascais were there are nice walks near the sea.

3. In either Sintra and Cascais the path is well signed and in the tourism office there are some maps... or you can join some guided tours.

Moscow, Russia
2. Re: Early May Lisbon

Dear Paulacns,

Thanks a lot for your great information! I am looking forward to the trip!

How many days do you think will be good for exploration in Sintra? I want to have 1-2 day walks, plus some major attrations.

Are Sintra and Cascais very touristy at that time?

Thanks.

Lisbon,Portugal
reviews: 48
3. Re: Early May Lisbon

"...How many days do you think will be good for exploration in Sintra?..." - 2 days;

"...Are Sintra and Cascais very touristy at that time?" - Yes for Sintra, No for Cascais.

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 38
4. Re: Early May Lisbon

Dear Wendy,

I agree with PMAL. You should save 2 days for Sintra, you will not be disapointed. And if you manage to go during the week you can escape the intense crowds.

Moscow, Russia
5. Re: Early May Lisbon

Thanks!!!

Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
6. Re: Early May Lisbon

Here's a link for weather averages: www.holiday-weather.com/lisbon/averages/may/

7. Re: Early May Lisbon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2014