We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need to get from Faro to Lisbon by train haven no luck

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
reviews: 13
need to get from Faro to Lisbon by train haven no luck

I need to get from Faro to Lisbon on the 3/04/13 but have been trying to book a train on www.cp.pt but have to luck when i push ok it will not take me any where? I try the rail europe and it wants £48 each way for this travel? can anyone help me out on this I do have it on english as well.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 27
11. Re: need to get from Faro to Lisbon by train haven no luck

Famalição is in the north of the country some 500 kms from Faro which is the name of the city and station you are looking for.

Insert Faro as your departing station and as destination Lisboa - Entrecampos or Lisboa - Oriente (not Lisboa Santa Apolónia).

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
12. Re: need to get from Faro to Lisbon by train haven no luck

Rule number one is never to use RailEurope to book any train ticket.They are a glorified travel agent and often charge extra.

Rule two is that you can only book a month ahead, so bookings for 30 April won't be available until next weekend.

The one way fare, second class (Turista) on the 0946 Faro to Lisbon is €21.20 or about £20, including the compulsory seat reservation.

To buy a ticket on line you do need to register on the CP website (www.cp.pt) it is painless and the whole process can be done in English if you click the little flag icon at the top of the page next to where it says 'Acesso Rápido'.

The booking process will ask you for an ID number, for UK visitors this will be your passport number(s) so have that information handy. You print your own ticket, so save it to your computer (you will also get an email copy) and print it twice, just in case. I lost a ticket once but luckily I realised this before going to the station. The staff there were able to retrieve myy booking and print my ticket again. You can't do that once on the train.

Edited: 4:59 am, March 23, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 27
13. Re: need to get from Faro to Lisbon by train haven no luck

Rule number 3 always read op's post carefully : travelling at 3/04/2013 not 30. Tickets are obviously on sale now.

Edited: 7:43 am, March 23, 2013
14. Re: need to get from Faro to Lisbon by train haven no luck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2014