We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisboa Card

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Randolph, New Jersey
Lisboa Card

Do I need to pre-purchase a Lisboa Card before I arrive in Lisbon, or can I purchase once upon arrival at Lisbon Airport.

Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 46
1. Re: Lisboa Card

There's a Lisbon Tourism kiosk at the arrivals hall, i suppose you can buy it there.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 76
2. Re: Lisboa Card

Before buying the Lisboa Card, check carefully the value of having such a card.

We were in Lisbon for 5 days and bought a 3 day card. At the end of the trip we found that most museums offered concession prices for over 60's/65's and a lot of museums are free including the Berado contemporary art museum at Belem. The St. Jeronimos abbey at Belem was also free entry. Most museums are free on Sundays before 2pm. The big disappointment was that in Sintra the Lisboa Card was not accepted in the Pena Palace or the Moorish Castle and paid full concession entry costs of 28 euro's. The St George castle we paid concession entry.

For 38 euro's each 3 day pass, we thought the value was not there. The hop on/hop off bus would have been better for 18 euro's and lasts for 48 hours

Also, walking in this lovely city, was a joy. When we return to Lisbon next year, we won't be buying the Lisboa Card!

Edited: 2:43 pm, November 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
3. Re: Lisboa Card

Bear in mind that a 24-hour public transport ticket (valid on Metro and Corris trams) costs only €5 (plus a one-off charge of €0.50 for a magnetic card).

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 96
4. Re: Lisboa Card

so what is the advantage of having the Lisboa card?

Lisbon
reviews: 1
5. Re: Lisboa Card

The advantage is that the lisboa card guives you free access to transportation (metro, buses, trams, funiculars and the train to Sintra and Cascais) and to some monuments and museums, others you have some discounts as Pena Palace, Quinta da Regaleira and Moorish Castle in Sintra. So if you want to visit a large number of things i believe it's worth it.

Lisbon
Destination Expert
6. Re: Lisboa Card

Stormy49 - are you over 65years, to have the reduced fees? Can you see a bunch of museums (most of them far from each other) during a sunday morning? If not and you really want to visit monuments and museums, go to the Lisbon Card website, www.askmelisboa.com/en/catalog/lisboa-card-0, and see the list of which are free or have a small discount with card and do the math. If all you want it's a transport card then there are better options.

cambridgeshire
reviews: 109
7. Re: Lisboa Card

This is all getting confusing...

Visiting end of the month for 5 days and will be using public transport for trips and Sintra etc but not particularly museums.

Are we bettter off getting a day pass or getting the viagem card and just topping up as and when we need it?

I presume we will be able to buy the transport cards at the airport?

Thanx in anticipation for any responses

Sintra, Portugal
reviews: 153
8. Re: Lisboa Card

Read carefully what cadigal said earlier. That's the thing.

Here you go, the complete PDF of Lisboa Card discounts: askmelisboa.com/files/01%20ATLX%20LC-PortIng…

Check if worths for you or not. Most of the times, i'd say it doesn't worth. But really depends on what you use, and where you go.

The most important things are:

‑ Free access in underground. (Pag. 12)

‑ Free access to public transport in buses, trams,

lifts and trains. (Pag. 11)

- Line Sintra ‑ Rossio ‑ Oriente

‑ Line Cascais ‑ Cais do Sodré

‑ Free entry into 27 museums, monuments and

other places of interest which usually charge an

admittance fee.

‑ 10% ‑ 50% discount in places and services of

interest to tourists.

‑ 5% ‑ 10% discount in some shops selling

Portuguese articles.

Lisbon
Destination Expert
9. Re: Lisboa Card

"Visiting end of the month for 5 days and will be using public transport for trips and Sintra etc but not particularly museums" - I would recommend you to buy a VivaViagem support card at your arrival (0,5€). Then on the days that you'll be using the public transports only in Lisboa (trams, metro, bus, and elevadores) load a 24h ticket (costs 5€ and it's really 24h, if you validate it a t 10am it will be valid till 10am of the next day). The days you decide to go to Sintra or Cascais (using the trains) load each ticket as you travel or load an amount of money (called zapping), each time you validate the card in a bus, the metro or the trains the correspondent amount will be discounted.

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 101
10. Re: Lisboa Card

if you go from say friday through monday then you have to visit a lot of things to start saving money from your 39 euro Lisboa card (versus 15 euro 3 day unlimited travel including the trip back to the airport) considering that museums are free anyway on sundays and closed on mondays. Also the Castle is private and isn't included.

Edited: 4:07 pm, November 20, 2012