We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lisbon accommodation dilemma

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 3
lisbon accommodation dilemma

hello everyone,

i have a bit of a dilemma here and i could really use your opinions. i'll be in lisbon for 5 days (16-21 august, 2009) and I'm obviously looking for accommodation. following a pretty extensive search and after going through dozens of reviews, i face three options which meet my personal criteria (not too expensive, breakfast included, close to city centre and pretty easy access to/from airport): Olissippo Marques De Sa Hotel, Travel Park Hotel and HF Fenix Gnarde Hotel.

Under normal circumstances I would have picked the Olissippo; however, compared to the other two, its location is a bit further from the main tourist attractions (I have to say that I intend to visit Lisbon mainly by foot, and not use the public transportation unless really necessary; i love wandering around and that's what i intend to do). I wonder whether one of the other options would be better or not.

As far as the Travel park is concerned, it's the cheapest option of the three but it's the hotel that has some negative reviews (not too many, but compared to other too it has a couple of bad views).

Finally, the Fenix Garden looks as a very good option too - well placed, good reviews - but it's the most expensive of the three (again - not by much, but by enough to make me wonder about the other options).

So... what would be your pick?

thanks.

Bucharest, Romania
11. Re: lisbon accommodation dilemma

tough decision :) after a few more reviews and (finally) checking with my girlfriend, we decided to go for the olissippo marques de sa. i'm sure that everything would have been fine at the fenix as well, but we'll go this way.

can't wait to arrive to lisbon :)

i do appreciate you all for your feedback and suggestions. thamks.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 27
12. Re: lisbon accommodation dilemma

Hope you have fun here hipppaul. Would love to read a trip report about it after ;)

Bucharest, Romania
13. Re: lisbon accommodation dilemma

well, my whole trip will actually include 5 days in barcelona, 5 days in lisboa and 5 days in lagos (and the surroundings of all these). it should be a pretty extensive report and I'll do my best to post it on this thread (if I'll find it in 4 months from now :D) or on a new one. stay tuned around 27-28 aug, when I should get back home :)

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 27
14. Re: lisbon accommodation dilemma

Can't wait to read all about it. Do have fun :)

Bucharest, Romania
15. Re: lisbon accommodation dilemma

i certainly will :) and if there's any info you need about bucharest, let me know and i'll try to get it for you.

16. Re: lisbon accommodation dilemma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, October 23, 2009