We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi vouchers

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 2
Taxi vouchers

Hi I'm landing in Lisbon and staying in Estoril. I guess I'll have to take a taxi since there is no bus from the airport. Do I wait til I get there to find a taxi? Is there a way to buy a voucher before I go? Any help would be appreciated

Maputo, Mozambique
reviews: 37
1. Re: Taxi vouchers

Hi there,

You can buy a taxi voucher right in the middle of the arrivals hall. However, it is not open at night hours - and I can't find any info about thi

s on the internet.

I'd advise you to take the taxi from the departures hall, since from personal experience there aren't virtually any queues and the taxi drivers are somewhat nicer. If you buy a voucher, you shouldn't bother about costs, since it's a 30 km ride.

Nice staying,

Phoenix, Arizona
2. Re: Taxi vouchers

Hi, thanks for the info. I posted a few questions early today an made the mistake of putting it in the Portugal forum instead of the Lisbon forum. maybe you can help me, how are Estoril and Cascais pronounced? none of my phrase books tell me. I know it is Lisboa and I would like to say the other towns correctly. also, how should I pack? is it warm enough for short sleeves? sleeveless? short? or cropped or long pants? Anyway, if someone from Lisboa would read my post on the Portugal forum, I would appreciate it. thanks

Maputo, Mozambique
reviews: 37
3. Re: Taxi vouchers

Hi there :)

I don't know when you're coming to Portugal, but this week (May 1st) is forecasted as rainy, although temperatures will be around 20 degrees Celsius - so I'd pack accordingly, whether it's hot or cold for you. Please remind of a rain jacket and an umbrella :)

Regarding to Cascais and Estoril pronunciation, and since i'm not a linguist, you can pronounce it like:

a) Cascais - "Kash-Kaish"

b) Estoril - "Esh-too-reel"

Phoenix, Arizona
4. Re: Taxi vouchers

Hi piso, thanks for your help. I'm going to be there on 12 May. I can hardly wait ! But I'm concerned, I came across a review in the Lisbon Qverview page by tofino2 she had just returned from Lisbon and wrote that the people there did not think women should travel alone and that they were unfriendly and rude and that women should think twice about going there. I amvisiting my cousin in Estoril but he will be working so I planned to see as much of Lisbon and Portugal as I can on my own. I hope she just had a unusually bad time and thats not how the people really are Should I be worried?

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
reviews: 36
5. Re: Taxi vouchers

Hi ellenh,

Saw you post and checked out tofino2's comment.

From reading it, I would like to know where she went, stayed and who she associated with in Lisbon.

Look, Portugal although it has strong Celtic influences is essentially a Mediterranean Latin Country. Men can still be macho here but in my opinion in public at least they are generally polite and respectful to women. Women here today are taking leadership roles throughout society and do not easily tolerate disrespectful attittudes. In fact they just fire their men! Hence the growing divorce rate!

Obviously you get exceptions but in general if you are a sensible traveller, don't draw attention to yourself and blend in with the locals as much as possible, you'll be fine.

Portugal, Lisbon, Estoril and Cascais are great places and you should have a great time.

Like anywhere avoid off the track places and late at night take taxis - otherwise have a great time.

6. Re: Taxi vouchers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 31, 2009