We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon - Zenit Lisboa

Which Lisbon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Lisbon - Zenit Lisboa

Hey !

My friend and I are planning on going to Lisbon during the last week of April. We are active! We are thinking of staying at the Zenit Lisboa (on Ave 5 de Outubro). Is this a prime location?

We are going to 7 nights, any suggestions on what not miss while we are there. Any advice? precautions?

Thanx for your help. Any feedback will be helpful.

San Francisco...
1. Re: Lisbon - Zenit Lisboa

Any food places that is not expensive but still good for wine, Portuguese food, desserts?

Any suggestions on places to go for good dance/music/drinks (Spanish, other)

We are in our mid-twenties... and lookin forward for a fun time in Lisbon.

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 3
2. Re: Lisbon - Zenit Lisboa

It's a brand new hotel, in Saldanha, which a is a great location 150 m away from Marques de Pombal.

From Saldanha, you have subway connection to almost everywhere, but if you like to walk, you can walk from your hotel to Downtown for some sightseeing (it should take you a couple of hours).

I suggest you have a look in other posts/reports for ideas on what to do. With 7 days, you can easily fit in a day trip to Sintra and/or Cascais.

Regarding restaurants and nightlife, Portugal doesn't have much of a spanish culture.

You'll find good restaurants not very expensive. There are a lot in Bairro Alto, for instance. I could suggest, SUL in R. do Norte, 13; or Sinal Vermelho in Rua das Gáveas, 89, but there are several there to try.

You can there have a drink in Bairro Alto, several good bars there: Maria Caxuxa, Arroz Doce, Sétimo Céu, Majong and near Bairro Alto, but not in Bairro Alto, Bicaense and Pavilhão Chinês (which is quite a place - http://www.fcsh.unl.pt/cadeiras/plataforma/foralinha/atelier/a/www/view.asp?edicao=09&artigo=355)

If you like to dress up to go out, you can go to the Santos/24 de Julho area and try Art, Kapital or BBC.

The classic of Lisbon nightlife is Lux - big lounge with a great view to the river. Amazing views of the sunrise.

San Francisco...
3. Re: Lisbon - Zenit Lisboa

Thanks sunshir. I will def. keep the places in mind.

Another question: If anyone has stayed at the Zenit, how much is the cab fare from the airport to the hotel?

reviews: 7
4. Re: Lisbon - Zenit Lisboa

Try this one: http://www.americadiamondshotel.com/hotel.php

Brand new, located in one of the main avenues you can use public transportation (underground) to reach Bairro Alto, Baixa e Alfama in 10 minutes

5. Re: Lisbon - Zenit Lisboa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 30, 2009