We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Access with Interac or Plus

Which Estoril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver, canada
ATM Access with Interac or Plus

Do ATM in Portugal recognize either of these banking systems? I just want to take out what I need rather than purchase Euro in advance.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 1
1. Re: ATM Access with Interac or Plus

Most Visa, Master Card and several others are supported on our ATM machines.

I'm not sure if the ones that you are referring are supported, but if they support electronic transactions they probably will work. Make sure with your Bank that such operations are supported overseas.

I've used my Visa Electron card (Not credit card!) on Mexico, Spain, Germany, England, Italy and even Israel with no problems.

When withdrawing money, make sure that you withdrawn much as possible so the taxes on the operation is lower that doing multiple operations for the same amount.

vancouver, canada
2. Re: ATM Access with Interac or Plus

Thank you THX1011! I have another question. How much does it cost to take a taxi from Lisbon Airport to Estoril?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
reviews: 1
3. Re: ATM Access with Interac or Plus

If you buy a taxi voucher for 36euros (about 40 dolars), it will the only thing that you pay.

If not, It could probably cost less, but you could be ripped off. I live very near the airport, and my trick is not to pick up a taxi from the arrivals but from the departures. Much nicer people... :-)

Also there is a transfer bus between the airport, Estoril and Cascais, but I don't know where it stops and the price.

Hope this can help you.

Get answers to your questions about Estoril
Recent Conversations