We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Days in Sao Miguel

Which Sao Miguel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
charlotte nc
2 Days in Sao Miguel

I will have 2 full days in Sao Miguel in mid May, and would love recommendations on how to use our time. I would love to hike if possible, would like to see the "don't miss" places on the island. I have seen Lisa mentioned on several posts as a guide. If someone has info on her/company, can you send me her info? What did she do? Also need recommendation for place to stay. Preferably in an area that is walkable to places to eat/shop/tour. Would you recommend a local bus for getting around and visiting the island on our own, or is it better to hire a guide? thanks for any input.

6 replies to this topic
Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 43
1. Re: 2 Days in Sao Miguel

"Would you recommend a local bus for getting around and visiting the island on our own" with only 2 days no. The island isn't big but isn't also that small and the bus schedules are designed for local needs not tourists.

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 95
2. Re: 2 Days in Sao Miguel

Since you got only a couple of days to explore the island, I suggest hiring a guide for the first day for some of the "must sees", and the second day, to hike and just take in the atmosphere. A good and not demanding hike would be the trail leading to the Lagoa de Sete Cidades, where I think you'd get the most scenic views (the ocean on one side, the hills or essentially the rim of the volcano, and the lakes) -- you could spare a morning for this.

3. Re: 2 Days in Sao Miguel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, May 07, 2014

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
reviews: 53
4. Re: 2 Days in Sao Miguel

Lisa is a excellent guide, she organised some fantastic trips for us.

Have a look at my trip report and photos for further info:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189134-i1760-k4…

Enjoy!

pascoag,ri
reviews: 14
5. Re: 2 Days in Sao Miguel

Lisa has a wealth of information and is a pleasure to deal with. No doubt, she will give you excellent advice. Happy Holiday!!!!

pascoag,ri
reviews: 14
6. Re: 2 Days in Sao Miguel

Lisa has a wealth of information and is a pleasure to deal with. No doubt, she will give you excellent advice. Happy Holiday!!!!

Reply to: 2 Days in Sao Miguel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted