We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

november travel in the azores

Which Sao Miguel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maine
reviews: 7
november travel in the azores

Can you recommend an itinerary from Sao Miguel to any of the other islands in the archipelago in November? We are interested in hearing about quiet places to stay, inter island travel, and favorite spots that aren't overly touristy. We've been married for over 20 years, and this will be an adventure for us.

reviews: 24
1. Re: november travel in the azores

Sao Miguel will be quiet and to your liking. It is such a beautiful island. How long are you staying? If its only a week, I would say just stick to Sao Miguel but with more time you could visit another island. You could check out Azores.com and see what interests you. I am going to visit Terceira next month as well as Sao Miguel which I have been two twice. I can tell you that Sao Miguel has some stunning scenery.

Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 43
2. Re: november travel in the azores

None of the Azores islands are too touristic.

In November the main question is how long is your stay? Inter-island travel it's done mainly by plane so if the weather it's not good the planes don't fly.

Discover S. Miguel at your pace there's a lot to see, don't be afraid to rent a car things are easy to find.

maine
3. Re: november travel in the azores

Thank you for your response. Can you recommend any place to stay? Say, a manor house versus a hotel or a house rental? Is Ponta Delgada too busy? Actually, any information you can offer about where to try good food or how to share the local flavor would be appreciated.

maine
4. Re: november travel in the azores

Appreciate the information. Is it necessary to have an international driver's license? Also, what is the weather typically like in November that might make flying less reliable?

Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 43
5. Re: november travel in the azores

The weather can be less reliable all year, but november is practicaly winter so the probabilities of bad weather are a little bit higher. Here's a link with an example from the Azores www.meteo.pt/en/oclima/normais/index.html…

I don't think that you'll need an international driver's licence.

reviews: 24
6. Re: november travel in the azores

I always stay at Casa Vitoriana. Its reasonable and the place plus the owner is super nice. You can rent the Casa Jardin on the property for under 100 euro a night. Its like a little cottage. Very nice and peaceful. Its right in Ponta Delgada. The Casa Jardim only sleeps two people. I don't know how many are in your party.

I dont think you need an international driver's license.Boa sorte!

7. Re: november travel in the azores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 20, 2012