We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vila Franca do Campo

Finland
Vila Franca do Campo

Could anyone tell me about Vila Franca do Campo? We are going to S. Miguel in next month. All information is needed!! Does the city has any legends, stories..? And information about Nossa Senhora da Paz Chapel, The Islet of Vila Franca and S��o Francisco Church? THANK YOU SO MUCH!! =)

You can email at me: zuulia@netti.fi (Name topic Vila Franca to your email!)

Azores
reviews: 1
1. Re: Vila Franca do Campo

there is a bit of good info at destinazores.com/smiguel_vilafrancadocampo.p… and the Municipality has a site at http://www.cmvfc.pt. hope that helps

switzerland
reviews: 2
2. Re: Vila Franca do Campo

Best kept secret in the world.

Truly the Azores Riviera, sunniest among 1000 km of Azores coastline (as many sunshine hours as Puerto de la Cruz, windward Canary Islands).

The coast of Vila Franca do Campo crowns the Azores as the mildest of all subtropical climates (second only to Funchal, Madeira), just as the coast of Kailua crowns Hawaii as the mildest all tropical climates.Convergence of pleasant temperatures all year round in one case by cooling trade winds and in the other by the warming Gulf Stream and the absolute south exposure.

UK
reviews: 25
3. Re: Vila Franca do Campo

Just got back from the Azores ,

Vila franca is lovely , I don't have much historical info but I can say it has a great beach , aqua park , snack bar doing fresh sandwiches and the Isla is lovely and peaceful for a visit with safe snorkeling in the interior crater , you can get a boat from the end of the harbour for about 2.50 euro return , very reasonable price.

Visit the Caldeiras and Fire lake too , there's also a warm volcanic natural waterfall on the road to fire lake that is beautiful

The Azores are truly heaven on earth

Have a great time.

Get answers to your questions about Azores