We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laid back restaurants/ bars

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
reviews: 1
laid back restaurants/ bars

Hi - I'm heading to Lagos for the first time in the middle of March for 3 days with my wife, staying at Cascade Resort. I will be celebrating my 40th whilst we're there and I'm keen to hear of recommendations for restaurants where we can relax and enjoy great food and drink and a laid back atmosphere. Not really interested in overly stuffy or formal places.

The places that have caught my eye from the TA reviews are Bahia Beach Bar, O Camilo and Taberna De Lagos. Any suggestions/ advice gratefully received, even if its to say "dont worry about specific places, you'll be ok where ever you end up"....

Would also appreciate any input on bars for later in the evenings.

Many thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
reviews: 7
11. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

I can't understand the negative comments about No Patio. It's definitely worth a visit IMHO.

Wolverhampton
12. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

Always a subjective issue.

I can't see what anyone could find particularly wrong with O Camilo. Casinha do Petisco is good home cooking, and out of season the otherwise variable service shouldn't be an issue. Cafe do Mar is ok too with great views, as has O Camilo.

Never ventured into No Patio and would be interested to know what people don't like about the place as it has very good reviews.

I see the point made about the Adega Da Marina. However good the food may or may not be, it's a bit like sitting in a barn. You can see what it looks like from the outside so you can draw your own conclusions.

Edinburgh
reviews: 1
13. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

Thanks to all for the input so far. Didnt expect such a lively debate, but that makes me think the best option is to take a stroll and end up wherever we find somewhere that just looks "right" and has a good menu.

Vivenda Miranda looks like a good shout.

Am I stoking the fire by asking for advice on bars?? Not interested in Brit/ Irish pubs or anywhere with karaoke.

yorkshire
reviews: 9
14. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

Good bars are one thing that Lagos lacks.

if you like rock music then Stones and Eddies,both run by english,.

The horshoe bar is a good place to interact with locals and try a bifana,with probably the best kept beer (sagres) in Lagos.

there is a good bar opposite Tivoli hotel run by portugese but frequented by people from the uk and Ireland.

couple of bars at the marina,

otherwise just wonder around the town

Just reverting back to Adega de marina, as a family we always give it a visit,its like a tradition, but I go to watch a football match over dinner.

It is frequented by everyone from wealthy yacht owners to Portugese who have travelled down from the north of the country.

merseyside
reviews: 17
15. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

I was in Adega last summer for a Portugal game in The Euros fantastic atmosphere and great Piri Piri with decent jugs of house wine its not fine dining by a long way but decent food at a very good price

Peterborough...
reviews: 23
16. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

We like Eddies. English but no karaoke. But also small Portuguese bars that are around Lagos.

17. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 06, 2014