We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laid back restaurants/ bars

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
reviews: 1
laid back restaurants/ bars

Hi - I'm heading to Lagos for the first time in the middle of March for 3 days with my wife, staying at Cascade Resort. I will be celebrating my 40th whilst we're there and I'm keen to hear of recommendations for restaurants where we can relax and enjoy great food and drink and a laid back atmosphere. Not really interested in overly stuffy or formal places.

The places that have caught my eye from the TA reviews are Bahia Beach Bar, O Camilo and Taberna De Lagos. Any suggestions/ advice gratefully received, even if its to say "dont worry about specific places, you'll be ok where ever you end up"....

Would also appreciate any input on bars for later in the evenings.

Many thanks

merseyside
reviews: 17
1. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

just be careful if something takes your fancy ,that they may still be shut for winter but on saying that more than enoughnopen for your 4 days

Bridgend, South...
reviews: 4
2. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

we went to Fernandos on the Avenida near fish market)last week and were pleasantly surprised by service, food and prices. You may need to book as it isnt very big!

yorkshire
reviews: 9
3. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

will you require an Indian meal at all.

yorkshire
4. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

cafe do mar ,has great views and food is pretty good

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 59
5. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

I can highly recomment No Patio restaurant for your special occasion. Lovely food and waiting staff and very fairly priced. You may need to book in advance as it only opens a few nights a week for the winter season. Check it out here and enjoy it. www.nopatiolagos.com/

Cheshire
reviews: 87
6. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

No Patio would be towards the bottom of my list for any occasion, never mind a special one.

Dublin, Ireland
7. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and just because you don't favour it doesn't mean someone else should not go there. The guy asked for recommendations so lets not knock other contributors opinons- let PC73 decide what he wants from the answers from the forum

yorkshire
8. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

I have just taken another look at the 3 restaurants you have chosen, they are not a good choice at all.

Dont bother with no patio either,its average, and you are only there for 3 days.

I suggest sao roque for lunch at meia praia great fish. and a nice spot on the beach, in fact it has the best food at the beach

Evening try adega de marina opposite the marina, this is a large typical portugese style restaurant, very casual.

Also as previously mentioned cafe do mar is good at night as the bay is lit up ,book a table by the window.

Dublin, Ireland
9. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

Defintely forget Adega de Marina it's like a big canteen and not a restaurant for a special occasion very basic food- no class here-just have a read of some of the negative reviews on TA.

yorkshire
10. Re: laid back restaurants/ bars

how strange how you cannot get a table in August unless you book or are prepared to stand in the long queue at adega de marina.

Its probably the best value for money in Lagos.

It is always packed with portugese and many visitors from abroad.

It is typically portugese , unlike no patio.

Beats me why people go to another country and then look to eat at places the same as where they come from..

oh for a romantic setting and great food try cascades sister hotel , beautiful terrace, for lunch

http://www.vivendamiranda.com/de/home