We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi / Supermarket

Which Carvoeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool
Taxi / Supermarket

Hi, never been to Carvoeiro before and im booking to stay at Monte Santo resort. I know its a 20min ish walk to the village and i can get taxis to a supermarket, i was wandering where the supermarket is and if there is a taxi rank near by to get back ?

All advice much appreciated. Thankyou.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
1. Re: Taxi / Supermarket

If my recall is correct the nearest decent supermarket is the Intermarché just outside Lagoa, which is a fair haul (about 6km) from Carvoeiro. It's on the Carvoeiro road about 150 yards from the bus station and taxi rank in Lagoa.

I am sure Carvoeiro itself has a few mini-markets etc but I don't remember seeing anything grander.

Have a dig around on this website perhaps

http://www.carvoeiro.com/

Edited: 12:47 pm, March 04, 2011
reviews: 7
2. Re: Taxi / Supermarket

Is the Monte Santos resort the one just built with terra-cotta co.oared buildings?o if it is the one on the edge of Sesmaria and Carvoeiro then you would need to head down Solferias which is a winding steep road with a hotel at the top called Solferias then turn left at the bottom towards intermarche which I personally is more in the region of 2 miles. going to the bay I would walk down the same road I think Monte Santos is in which simp,y takes you a little further down the road that takes you to the main restaurants and shops. j have just posted something else saying there are places there also. my advise is get a hire car so you can travel around easily.

3. Re: Taxi / Supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 24, 2012